none
Schedule incoming mail delivery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

maybe someone there can help me with this.

I need to schedule incoming mail delivery to a specific distribution group.

I need all mail sent to that group be delivered to group members at same time, all mails at the same time.

Transport rules won't help because I can't specify delivery time as an action.

Anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:24 PM

Answers

• Mail sent to a distribution group is pretty much always delivered to all members at the same time.  Or do you mean a specific time? I suppose you could turn it into a moderated group, then write a Exchange Web Services script to release mail to the group and schedule it to run at the designated time.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-LiModerator Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by matoo Friday, April 1, 2016 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:53 PM

All replies

• Mail sent to a distribution group is pretty much always delivered to all members at the same time.  Or do you mean a specific time? I suppose you could turn it into a moderated group, then write a Exchange Web Services script to release mail to the group and schedule it to run at the designated time.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-LiModerator Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by matoo Friday, April 1, 2016 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:53 PM
  • Hi Ed,

That's is. I need to deliver all mail to all members at specific time.

Exchange Web Service script sounds like a good start point.

I would prefer a more native solution but I think that does not exist.

Thank you for your answer.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:00 PM
  • You could also install Outlook on a workstation and use VBA to do it.

EWS is quite native, but there's no built-in function that I know of to do what you're asking.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

I finally resolved to use this script https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/Merge-mailbox-folders-cf1e9576#content. It uses EWS (Require EWS management API) for moving items among mailboxes.

I created a scheduled task that use that script to move items at certain time of the day from one mailbox that I use as buffer to members of distribution group.

Thanks for yours replies.

Friday, April 1, 2016 10:55 PM