none
Locking profile causes failure RRS feed

• Question

• When I lock the profile and try to log into the now locked profile, I get the following error message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the login.  User profile cannot be loaded." 

If I unlock the profile, I can log into it just fine. This only happens on machine #4 of 5 identical machines. I did a full image backup after loading Vista and Office and if I return to the "as delivered" state, things work for a little while, then when I get my end user desktop set up and try to lock it down, I get the error.

The only way I can leave the machine in service is to lock the hard drive down, which I don't have to do on the other 4 PCs.

Any ideas?  Thanks...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:22 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Harry, we can first perform the following steps to check the result:

Suggestion 1: Disable Antivirus applications temporarily

Suggestion 2: Install UPClean

-----------------------------

Download and install the UPHCLEAN tool on the terminal server to test this issue again. UPHClean monitors the computer while Windows is unloading user profiles and forces open resources to close. Therefore, the computer can unload and reconcile user profiles. This tool can be downloaded from the link below:

User Profile Hive Cleanup Service

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&DisplayLang=en

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:43 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Harry, we can first perform the following steps to check the result:

Suggestion 1: Disable Antivirus applications temporarily

Suggestion 2: Install UPClean

-----------------------------

Download and install the UPHCLEAN tool on the terminal server to test this issue again. UPHClean monitors the computer while Windows is unloading user profiles and forces open resources to close. Therefore, the computer can unload and reconcile user profiles. This tool can be downloaded from the link below:

User Profile Hive Cleanup Service

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&DisplayLang=en

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:43 AM
  • Thanks Sean,

I'm on vacation now and will thry this as soon as I return in Mid-July. I really appreciate your helo.

Harry

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:56 PM