locked
Problem sequencing Microsoft Access 97 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello, 

    I'm trying to sequence access 97. I can manage to sequence without any trouble but everytime i go to launch the application it says that 

    "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine"

    i know i have a valid license key because it works when i manually install the software. It also accepts it when i enter it during the sequence process.

    I can virtualize word and excel without a problem.

    Has anyone run into this problem??? i've searched the net to see if anyone has had this problem and had no luck at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    btw I'm trying to run the virtualized app on Xp SP3

    Thanks
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:25 AM

Answers

  • Hi Weera,

    I will take a guess that you're sequencing with App-V 4.5..  I don't recall the EXACT reason but I recall that this is an issue to the one of the architectural changes between 4.1/4.2 and 4.5.

    I'm not sure if there is a solution under 4.5 exactly but I think you can get away with sequencing with an earlier version and deploying to 4.5.  I'm not 100% certain on that but I thought I'd give you a quick heads-up to let you know you're not doing anything 'wrong'.

    Cheers,
    Danny

    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, July 6, 2009 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:08 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Thanks Danny,


    Your suggestion worked :). You saved me a big headache.


    I can now open access but run into another problem. Everytime i try to create a new db in access it comes up with the following error.

    "Microsoft Access could not create storage space for Visual Basic Module. - If you db is on a netowrk drive please check access and then try again. ".

    I click "ok" and it comes up with "error in loading dll".

    I thought that i had not run through the function of creating a new database when i ran through the sequencing process. I did it again and made sure that i created a new db, but when i tried to use the same function still failed.

    Then next step i tried was to include the sample db in the sequence process. When i try to open the sample "Northwind" db the function works properly. I can close the smaple db and create new ones without a problem. It seems that opening a sample db activates the missing dll.


    Do you have any suggestions as to trying and seeing whihc dll it looking for. Or any other suggestion. Once again I've search the net but to no avail.


    Thanks for any help you can provide.


    Weera
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, August 7, 2009 8:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:09 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:41 AM

All replies

  • Hi Weera,

    I will take a guess that you're sequencing with App-V 4.5..  I don't recall the EXACT reason but I recall that this is an issue to the one of the architectural changes between 4.1/4.2 and 4.5.

    I'm not sure if there is a solution under 4.5 exactly but I think you can get away with sequencing with an earlier version and deploying to 4.5.  I'm not 100% certain on that but I thought I'd give you a quick heads-up to let you know you're not doing anything 'wrong'.

    Cheers,
    Danny

    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, July 6, 2009 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:08 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Thanks Danny,


    Your suggestion worked :). You saved me a big headache.


    I can now open access but run into another problem. Everytime i try to create a new db in access it comes up with the following error.

    "Microsoft Access could not create storage space for Visual Basic Module. - If you db is on a netowrk drive please check access and then try again. ".

    I click "ok" and it comes up with "error in loading dll".

    I thought that i had not run through the function of creating a new database when i ran through the sequencing process. I did it again and made sure that i created a new db, but when i tried to use the same function still failed.

    Then next step i tried was to include the sample db in the sequence process. When i try to open the sample "Northwind" db the function works properly. I can close the smaple db and create new ones without a problem. It seems that opening a sample db activates the missing dll.


    Do you have any suggestions as to trying and seeing whihc dll it looking for. Or any other suggestion. Once again I've search the net but to no avail.


    Thanks for any help you can provide.


    Weera
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, August 7, 2009 8:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:09 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:41 AM
  • Hi Weera,

    Glad the suggestion helped!

    With regards your latest problem, I've not hit it myself so can't help directly, but I would suggest monitoring the failing package with Filemon/Procmon to give you some direction with regards the missing dll..

    Hope it helps,
    Danny
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, August 7, 2009 8:33 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Hello,

    Perhaps checking out the latest update for APP-V 4.5 CU1 would help
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971917

    /Znack
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:33 AM
  • Monday, October 19, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Monday, October 19, 2009 8:21 PM