none
ADFS and Teams Sign in Issue

Question

• Hello, I work in a school and we removed ADFS some time ago, and that appeared to go pretty well, however we have no since discovered that Microsoft Teams used ADFS, since we no longer have it federating to our domain nor is it installed anymore, we are getting an error : 4c7 which looking at Microsoft Forums is an ADFS issue, the steps to enable Forms Authentication is not possible since we don't have the ADFS Console installed anymore.

Microsoft Teach Support don't seem to know how to resolve it at the moment, so what i'm thinking is:

1: reinstall ADFS MC

2: change the setting ad listed in https://support.microsoft.com/sr-latn-me/help/4041047/modern-authentication-failed-here-status-code-is-4c7-when-signing-in-t

3: uninstall the ADFS MC.

however my problem is that because it's not federating to Azure>Office365 anymore, will this change even make any difference? I really don't want to enable ADFS again just to remove it after, with no guarantees it will even work.

has or does anyone have any ideas or maybe even a PowerShell script to "unlink" teams from thinking it's still using ADFS ?

thanks in advance.

Paul

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:08 PM

All replies

• That doesn't look right. When you de-federate the domain, the process affects all services, so there is no way Teams should be "left out" using federated logins. Have you tried simply clearing the login info in Teams? Or logging from another machine, preferably on a different network? Do you have the same issues with the web version (https://teams.microsoft.com/)?
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:39 PM
  • yeah I agree, I've checked Azure and there is nothing linked to federation anymore.

I've not however tried clearing the login info in teams, tbh i'm not sure how I would do this, do you have any ideas ?

Also they only use the online version of Teams, so no App is being used here.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Sorry in reply to one of your questions, yes teams login works great when used outside of the school network ?

:(

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:22 AM
  • This is the error code I get when logging in within school.

d95d91b5-0e30-e1e3-6c2c-90eedd815d9e

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Open a support case I guess, there's something fishy here but it needs a proper investigation. If possible, capture a Fiddler trace of the login process, the MS support guys will probably ask you for the same anyway.
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:21 PM