none
2010 Hybrid to other 365 domains

Question

• Can anyone help me understand why emails from our premise based Exch2010 server are not getting routed to O365 domains?Was working normally until started Hybrid configuration. We have not migrated anyone as of yet.

Error like this:

Last Error: 451 4.4.4 Temporary server error. Please try again later ATTR5 [BY2NAM05FT056.eop-nam05.prod.protection.outlook.com]
    Queue ID: MAIL10\36940

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:12 PM

All replies

• I would suggest to check your Send connector for O365, If it is configured correctly.. Check your Server IP for blacklist if not routing mail via smarthost, Check telnet to O365..

Regards,

Fazal

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:21 PM
  • Hi,

Do you complete the Hybrid environment?
    Does the MX record point to On-premise? Centralized mail transport is enabled now?

After that, HCW will create one Outbound connector and one Inbound connector on On-premise Exchange to provide the security mail flow between On-premise Exchange and Exchange Online. Also, there're two matched connectors in Exchange Online, please double check it on each side.
    If it's not correct, please re-run HCW, configure it with proper transport server and transport certificate.

By the way, please check the inbound and outbound mail flow to other external recipient.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi

Please check the similar post and it has been successfully resolved https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d55302f-a5a6-4647-bae1-c99a1c95eb6f/451-443-temporary-server-error-please-try-again-later-att31?forum=exchangesvrsecuremessaginglegacy

Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:46 PM
  • My issue is with mail to other 365 domains - ones not under my control. The send connector created for 365 is for my domains.
    But I haven’t migrated anyone yet. Haven’t changed MX records. And this is for outbound mail. Not inbound.
    • Edited by CraRei Friday, May 25, 2018 1:51 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 1:49 PM
  • From what I’m reading this is regarding inbound mail from 365. Not an issue as far as I know.
    I created a ticket with the 365 team but because I have no licenses there they seemed uninterested and told me to come here or pay for support. So maybe I should add a license.
    • Edited by CraRei Friday, May 25, 2018 1:53 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 1:49 PM
  • Mail to other domains, ie: gmail is working fine. Only to 365 domains not in my control.
    Friday, May 25, 2018 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Is it your own Office 365 tenant?
    Do you add your On-premise domain and verify it in Office 365?

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:28 AM
  • As I mentioned above, I am having trouble sending mall to other O365 domains - ones not under my control.

365 has my domain - and verified - but not fully setup as I have not migrated mailboxes yet.

After setting up a dozen send connectors, and having holiday time to reboot, it seems to be working again.

Even though I was restarting the transport server, I think another service needed to be restarted.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:45 PM
  • Well, thanks for your update and glad it solved after server reboot.
    Would you please mark your reply as Answer? It will highlight the solution for other community.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Ended up not being the answer. More email came up as not connecting to 365 domains. Only once I migrated the first mailbox did this seem to clear up. Not sure if that’s the answer or a fluke, as I can’t know for sure if any mail was heading for a 365 domain or not outbound. A very strange set of circumstances.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:04 AM