Skype Sign-in Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm facing this problem for quite a while now. Let me brief you the issue. I deleted the Sign-in info from my Skype for Business Desktop Client and later gave the same sign-in info to login to my Skype account. I'm able to successfully sign-in but I'm getting an alert message like "Exchange needs your credentials....." right above the Search bar. Please help me in getting rid of this message.

Regards,

Bran.

• Edited by Bran Rafael Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:54 PM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Bran Rafael,

Generally, this is expected behavior, Microsoft Lync prompts you for credentials after you are logged in if it must connect to a linked service such as the Microsoft Exchange Free/Busy service or the Calendar service.
    If Lync continues to prompt you for credentials after it has issued three separate prompts, please check the following possibilities.

1. Lync will look at your primary SMTP address and attempt to use it to find the EWS URL via Autodiscover after signing in. But there’s a problem, if the SIP address is different with the SMTP address, the Lync client will find the autodiscver A record with the same domain name as its SIP address.
    For example:
    Your SIP address : Test@A.com
    Your SMTP address : Test@B.com
    The result is that the Lync client will use autodiscover.A.com to find the EWS.
    So please check if the SIP address is the same as SMTP address

2.You can try to clear the client cache.
    Delete the Lync User Profile and Registry Key.
    User profile:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    Registry Key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

3. Check if Outlook can connect to Exchange. If Outlook cannot connect to Exchange, troubleshoot the issue as an Exchange connectivity issue.   

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bran Rafael Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Bran Rafael,

Generally, this is expected behavior, Microsoft Lync prompts you for credentials after you are logged in if it must connect to a linked service such as the Microsoft Exchange Free/Busy service or the Calendar service.
    If Lync continues to prompt you for credentials after it has issued three separate prompts, please check the following possibilities.

1. Lync will look at your primary SMTP address and attempt to use it to find the EWS URL via Autodiscover after signing in. But there’s a problem, if the SIP address is different with the SMTP address, the Lync client will find the autodiscver A record with the same domain name as its SIP address.
    For example:
    Your SIP address : Test@A.com
    Your SMTP address : Test@B.com
    The result is that the Lync client will use autodiscover.A.com to find the EWS.
    So please check if the SIP address is the same as SMTP address

2.You can try to clear the client cache.
    Delete the Lync User Profile and Registry Key.
    User profile:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    Registry Key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

3. Check if Outlook can connect to Exchange. If Outlook cannot connect to Exchange, troubleshoot the issue as an Exchange connectivity issue.   

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bran Rafael Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi Bran,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards, 

Alice Wang

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:25 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:25 AM