I am having window 7 64 bit. I upgraded it to window 10. Then I was facing problem with my wifi internet connection with window 10. I reinstalled window 7 from my recovery system. Now skype 7.6 present stop working, not deleting, not allowing new instal RRS feed

• Question

• I was having window 7 64 bit running perfectly on my laptop. I upgraded it to window 10. Then window 10 always start problem in connecting to my Wi-Fi internet connection. Then I reinstalled window 7 from recovery. Again 2nd time I upgraded it to window 10. then again same problem with Wi-Fi internet connection started. Then 2nd time I reinstalled window 7 from system recovery. Now no net connection problem, but another problem started. In my control panel Skype 7.6 is present, but it stop working totally. I tried to uninstall it , but is not done. Many time I tried it, but it is not deleting. I tried to install another Skype from internet, but this old corrupted Skype is not allowing it to be installed. I take remote help from Skype IT experts, but they also failed to solve the issue and told me that there is window installer issue and contact support.Microsoft.com  . Please I need help how I can solve this issue?

Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• With all the things you have done there is no telling what state the OS is in.  I would wipe and re-install win 7 and update from there. 

It would be best if you contacted the Skype support team regarding that matter.

They are experts in the field of your inquiry and would be in a better position to address your concern. You may contact them through this link:

You can also join the user community here:

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Hi syed,

Thank you for your question.

We could refer to the following link to fix problem:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.08.utilityspotlight.aspx 

If not, we could use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to uninstall it by the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.08.utilityspotlight.aspx 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:55 AM