#550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ## RRS feed

• Question

• User received this from Mocrosoft Exchange Server 2007.

Message sent for users with mailbox on local on the Exchange 2007, message was delivered to someone outside the domain.

Cant find anything about this.

Monday, April 16, 2007 7:10 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same errors too, have you figured this out yet?

• Proposed as answer by ChuongHuynh Friday, April 2, 2010 5:49 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2007 5:03 PM
  • #550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##

I am getting the same error.  Any news on this error?

• Proposed as answer by ChuongHuynh Friday, April 2, 2010 6:07 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2007 1:17 AM
  • Same issue here sending to two other internal users.  Any one get it fixed?  We can duplicate the error by sending the same content (a word doc) to any internal accounts.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 6:15 PM
  • My user just received the same error as well.  but the attachment was a .vcf file (outlook contact).

All users were internal users as well.

And under each persons name was this

"

#550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##

"

Not too sure as to how to resolve the issue and can't find too much about this error.

• Proposed as answer by ChuongHuynh Friday, April 2, 2010 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:07 PM
  •  

Interesting the last comment made here is August, and now it is the end of November, and this is still the only place on the Internet this problem is listed.

And there is no fix from Microsoft yet.

If there has been a breakthrough on the this in the last couple of months that is not displayed here.  Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Received the same error as well.  Anyone open a PSS case yet?

The e-mail system had a problem processing this message. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Monday, December 3, 2007 7:55 PM
  •  

I am getting the same error also. Any news on this?

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: rdhmail.rdhassociates.net

selliston@rdhassociates.net

Original message headers:

Received: from rdhmail.rdhassociates.net ([192.168.1.10]) by
     rdhmail.rdhassociates.net ([192.168.1.10]) with mapi; Sat, 1 Dec 2007
     10:22:48 -0600
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    To: "'imc@cope-linder.com'" <imc@cope-linder.com>
    CC: "swh@cope-linder.com" <swh@cope-linder.com>, "Elliston, Stacy"
            <selliston@rdhassociates.net>
    Disposition-Notification-To: "Huggins, Randall" <rhuggins@rdhassociates.net>
    Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 10:22:47 -0600
    Subject: RE: RFP-Dover Downs-Phase 7A-Simulcasting Facility
    Thread-Topic: RFP-Dover Downs-Phase 7A-Simulcasting Facility
    Thread-Index: Acgshso4AqfF6m7SRSa0dnAmBaT7OgAnDQ5gATaY+wAAA25BoACJ7pyAAABQuhAAAIZYAA==
    Message-ID: <9B28D953F7FC2C45812ED50CA1E5B9000496B17325@rdhmail.rdhassociates.net>
    References: <9B28D953F7FC2C45812ED50CA1E5B9000496B17321@rdhmail.rdhassociates.net>
     <00dc01c83435$6fe37db0$0302a8c0@TP24>
    In-Reply-To: <00dc01c83435$6fe37db0$0302a8c0@TP24>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <9B28D953F7FC2C45812ED50CA1E5B9000496B17325@rdhmail.rdhassociates.net>
    MIME-Version: 1.0

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:20 AM
  • Ok, its December and I still get this error.  I am also having other issues, it looks like there are problems with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007, because the only people having problems are setup this way.  I am also having problems with GAL, new users are not updating to users GAL, have opend ticket with Microsft, they have been trying to fix for 2 weeks.  Like I said all the problems are only for users running Outlook 2007.  Next time I talk to them about the GAL isuue I will bring this up with them.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:53 PM
  •  

I am also getting this error

550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion,550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:47 PM

• Well, I might have some information.  Just a little, but maybe it will help out.

Our company uses Exchange 2007 and I am test sending a message to my mail server at home (it uses postfix).  I got this error message.

This only happens when I try to send an email thats been signed or encypted by GnuPG add-on for outlook.  when I send a basic email I do not have the problem.  I watched the logs on my linux box and the the exchange server is not even connecting to it.  So exchange is bouncing this back before it even tries to send it.

There must be something with the headers that exchange doesn't like.

Are other people trying to send anything special, or are they just plain old emails?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:41 PM
  • I think I know what may be happening.

I have found out that my users are trying to send >vcf files, IE- V cards, and this is the error they get.

I think your right that it is in the headers and MS just ingore's message.

Have you found a way to fix?

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:39 PM
  • Keeping this thread alive as well. Anyone come up with a solution?
    Friday, February 8, 2008 1:56 PM
  • Will,

What I found out was that the error was happening when my users were sending Vcards.

A work around for me was to have them send their vcards in the Interner Format (vCard), I dont receive the errors anymore.  But this is just a work around because we have blackberries for most of our users and the they cant send a vcard from their blackberry anymore.  The ability to send vacrads from blackberries went away when we migrated to exchange 2007 so I believe this is related.   We also run Office 2007 and we are having all kinds of issues here, most of our current problems are certificate related.

Friday, February 8, 2008 2:38 PM
  • Same issue here happening with Blackberry users sending VCards. Anyone have a resolution to this?
    Friday, February 8, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Getting same error here on Outlook 2003 clients, anyone have any updates? Not sending vcards.
    Monday, February 11, 2008 7:59 PM
  • We too are having this issue with Blackberries sending emails with VCards.  So far we have found no solution.  Any ideas anyone?
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:40 PM
  • We currently have a case open with Microsoft:

Case SRX080208600303 : EEStick out tonguero/Exchange Server Enterprise 2007/Storage Error in content conversion

I will keep you posted if I get a response. This case is now up to the escalation team and I'm on my 2nd engineer so far.

Stay Tuned...
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Thanks a lot.

I tried them for a different issue with GAL updates, took 4 engineers, gave up and found work around.

Hopefully you have better luck.

Please let us know wht happens.

Thanks,

Jeff

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:47 PM
  • We are having the same issue, service provider's tech support just replied with this:

Yup, with Office '07 Microsoft flipped the script and changed up their xml formatting.  That means we had to update BES to understand the new formats.  You need to update the BES to 4.1 sp4.

I'll try to apply SP4-4 and see if it fixes the prob.  I'm at 4.1.4.15 (Bundle 108)

What ver is everyone running?

Friday, February 15, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Running BES v. 4.1.3 here. Plans to go to 4.1.4 or waiting to 4.1.5 to fix the OOF issue with Exchange 2007 SP1.
    Friday, February 15, 2008 4:22 PM
  • i am also at 4.1.4.15, can't see where the bundle level is?

i got this error for the first time today... upgraded to sp1 on the exchange server a week and a half ago...

got an email into bb support... we'll see what they say.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 10:25 PM
  • I am also getting this error.

Anyone have any luck fixing this ***. I see microsoft has not replied to any of these threads.

550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion,550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion,550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion,550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:45 PM
  • Within my company we are using Exchange 2007, and I am getting this error, too!

I get this error when I send an e-mail with a signature in which I have picture in .jpg format.

I've tried to use format .gif and same happened.

The problem disapears if I sen an e-mail without signature, but this is not a long term solution.

Somebody else with some other kind of solution?

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Microsoft claims it is a RIM problem. Here are the technical details:

"When RIM is generating the message with the vCard attachment, they are setting the PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG with an incorrect value.

They are setting the value as follows:  

text/x-vcard;charset=Windows-1252   

when it should just be

text/x-vcard

This property specifies what will be in the Content-type of the body part that holds the contact information."

Has RIM fixed this in 4.1.4 MR4?
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Will,

I am downloading SP4 MR5 for BES, will install and let you and everyone else know what happens.

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:07 PM
  • OK, everyone, I just downloaded and installed BES SP4 MR5, guess what?

It didnt fix the problem.

Anyone have any luck at all in fixing this?

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:44 PM
  • I've also just now been contacted by one of our users who's receiving this error message.
    I am 100% sure that no Blackberry was involved in creating the message, so this imho kind of negates MS's statement that it's (at least solely) a RIM problem ?
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 9:46 AM
  • Delete the user in the cache file.. the little drop down cache when you start typing.... Then try again. This has fixed multiple problems with exchange 2007/ outlook 2007. That cache file just gets corrupted during migrations for some reason. Good luck!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:42 PM
  • This issue occurs for Blackberry users. Are you claiming that the cached nk2 file is effected Blackberry users sending vcards. I know this is a RIM issue, but I thought 4.1.4 should have fixed this.

According to MS:

When RIM is generating the message with the vCard attachment, they are setting the PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG with an incorrect value.

They are setting the value as follows:
    text/x-vcard;charset=Windows-1252

When it should just be: text/x-vcard

Any other advise or fixes?
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:08 PM
  •  

I am also having this problem.  However, I have something new to add to this.  We have a mixed environment of 2003 and 2007 Exchange server.  We are running BES 4.1.4 MR 4.  I can send a vcard from a Blackberry to anyone on 2003 server or a 2007 server however I cannot send to external recipients.  The message bounce is generated by one of the Hub Transport servers.  The hub transport servers that it is bouncing is not a bridehead to any of the connectors between the 2003 servers and 2007 servers.  It seems to be a different hub as I have tried sending from different 2007 servers.

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:29 PM
  • Ditto on the error with BlackBerry sending vcf files.

We are running BES 4.1.5.  Exchange 2007 SP1 with Update Rollup 2 applied.  We continue to receive these errors.

Anyone have luck on this yet???

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:20 PM
  • I opened a ticket with RIM and the third tech I worked with on this issue found out that this is an open issue on RIM's side and their development team is working on fixing this problem.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:23 PM
  • Thanks!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:02 PM
  •  

Someone has news about this BES problem?

cu

userneo

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Hi guys,

seems most people are having this issue with BlackBerry. Though there was one guy like myself who had this issue with the GnuPG-Plugin for Outlook. I have it also with GnuPG so this doesn't solely seem to be a BB issue.

Maybe anyone have another idea how to get M$ to fix this issue or know a work around for GnuPG?

Regards

J.

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:29 PM
  • Any update from RIM on this???
    Friday, July 11, 2008 2:48 PM
  • oh no, BES 4.1.6 release notes:

"Known issues":
    SDR 171235 If a user’s messaging account is on a Microsoft Exchange 2007 server, the user might receive an error when the user tries to send a message with a vCard attachment from the BlackBerry device. The message is not delivered successfully.

Is issues is not fixing in BES 4.1.6 Sad , fu**, fu**
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:01 AM
  • -          It seems like this has been linked to BES (BLackBerry Enterprise Server) and has been tracked down to http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/2753/Release_Notes.pdf (search for SDR 171235). Most of the support cases we see are related to BES and RIM are aware of this problem. It happens when you try to send a .vcf, 

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:04 PM
  • After seeing this problem we ran a pipline trace and got the following output:

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConversionFailedException: Message content has become corrupted. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value should be a valid content type in the form 'token/token'

I found this to have something to do with MAPI property tag PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG on items in the attachment table.  The offending messages have an attachment with the property set to JPEG File.  When I change the property to image/jpeg everything works correctly.

My customer received an email with a signature attachment and the PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG property on the attachment in the Inbox was set to image/jpeg.  The customer replies to the message and gets a 5.6.0 failure notice.  The email in his Sent Items has PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG set to JPEG File. 

I suspect there is a 3rd party software component on the customer's client machine causing this...investigating further.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:27 PM

• Also having this same problem here, Exchange 2007 sp1 - only happening to one user, who is on a freshly imaged XP workstation with outlook 2003 (no rogue apps).  We have no BES server (using exchange active sync on WinMobile 5-6 devices).  User has no vCard, she was sending an appointment with a Word 2003 document attached  (maybe meeting request, user vocablulary limited) to a client outside the organization.  This is a frequent recipient but first time I have seen this issue.  No chages to Exchange configuration since SP1 in May.

Thank you David, good to have an avenue of approach.   MAPI properties on attachments make sence, but I don't know where to go to view/change those - that's the next thing I'm going to look up.  Always new stuff to learn...

Generating server: {** our exchange07 server **}

{** Recipient Omitted ** }

Received: from {** our exchange07 server **} by
    {** our exchange07 server **} with mapi; Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:07:58
    To: "{** Recipient Omitted ** }
    Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:07:57 -0500
    Subject: FYI
    Thread-Topic: FYI
    Thread-Index: Acj+6Ka7jl+N0UyyQq2QIa8am/tZpAAAALhw
    Message-ID: <2B0893778AEE174DBAF82E107649461A29DE27C07F@{** our exchange07 server **}>
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <2B0893778AEE174DBAF82E107649461A29DE27C07F@{** our exchange07 server **}>

Friday, August 15, 2008 5:27 PM
  • I have just had a user report this issue to me.  In our case the user was replying to a message that had an image as part of the signature and received the NDR for the internal receipients but not from external receipients. 

Please continue to report any findings.  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:05 PM
  • Not sure whether this will help all people reported this issue in this post, if you are able to send the same email using Outlook 2003 but not Outlook 2007, and if you managed to send the email by deleting the VCF / JPEG, then go to check this:  my computer\hkey_classes_root\.jpeg & my computer\hkey_classes_root\.jpeg, the (Default) should be "jpegfile", and the Content Type should be "image/jpeg".  Modify both value and try again, this should fix this.  MS is going to create a KB for this.

Let me know whether this fixed your problem.

• Proposed as answer by steveinjeddah Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:23 PM
  • Thanks, this solution worked here with a user

In users "
    my computer\hkey_classes_root\.jpeg" in "Content Type" was "image/jpeg; image/spj". After deleting the image/spj it worked perfectly

Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by steveinjeddah Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:44 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:28 PM
  • Great,

deleting the image/spj entry from "my computer\hkey_classes_root\jpeg" also worked for me. This was been a real pain in the *** before as when a user was replying to a mail with a jpeg image embedded the mail would always bounce back with error ...

• Proposed as answer by steveinjeddah Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:44 PM
    Friday, September 26, 2008 9:25 AM
  • Hi all

I've tried editing the .jpeg / .jpg and .gif registry entries mentioned and it has not resolved my issue.  It only happens on one user's computer, only happens when he replies to some of his external business contacts and happens whether he's sending through Outlook 2007 or Outlook Web Access - this tells me it must be something on the mailbox, but what?

Details:  Exchange 2007 Standard SP1, Server 2003 R2 SP2, Windows XP Pro SP3 with Office 2007 Pro Plus SP1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:44 AM
  • Amazing that this issue persists after all this time.  I have a handful of users (executive & marketing types) who continue to have this issue.  Is there still no available fix for this?  Although I am not a fan of fancy sig files, sales folks are.

I am running BES 4.1.6.15 & Exchange 2007 8.01.0291.001.

Thanks,

R.T.

Friday, February 27, 2009 3:08 PM
  • We too have this error.  However, it seems to occur with us when somone external sends a meeting request and then an internal person accepts it and or modifies it.  We also see synchronization errors start in ActiveSYnc and blackberries.  Not sure if this helps...
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 1:54 PM
  • Here is some good troubleshooting when you run into a NDR that has the store driver failure. Or a NDR that looks like the following:

#554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:PropertyValidationException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception

This can happen for a number of reasons, and fortunately it usually is not that hard to troubleshoot. Your best troubleshooting approach in this case is to use the Pipeline Tracing and Content Conversion Tracing available on the hub transport server.

1.       Log onto one of the HUB servers

2.       Go to Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 -> Exchange Management Shell

3.       By default tracing is turned off but to verify run the following command:

Get-TransportServer | ft PipelineTracingSenderAddress, ContentConversionTracingEnabled, PipelineTracingEnabled, PipelineTracingPath

4.       To turn on ContentConversionTracing run the following commands (make sure and input the senders email address):

set-TransportServer -identity "yourHubserverhere" -ContentConversionTracingEnabled $true -PipelineTracingEnabled $true –PipelineTracingSenderAddress “senders email address here"

5.    Perform the action that caused the NDR again from the user’s mailbox.

6.    Now navigate to C:\path\ContentConversionTracing\InboundFailures on the HUB server that initiated the bounce back message and Sort by Date modified.

7.    You'll have an EML file containing the replication message itself and a TXT file containing some information on the failure. The top of the TXT file will often give you a useful clue as to the reason for the failure.

8.    To turn off ContentConversionTracing run the following commands:

set-TransportServer -identity "yourHUBserverhere" -ContentConversionTracingEnabled $false -PipelineTracingEnabled $false -PipelineTracingSenderAddress $null

Saturday, March 7, 2009 12:19 AM
  • We had the same problem with one user at our office today. In our situation it was a corrupt signature with a jpeg included. what I did to resolve it:

1. close Outlook
    2. go to "C:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures"
    3. Delete all content from that location (needless to say, create a backup of the content!)
    4. open Outlook and recreate the signature by copy paste the signature out of an old sent e-mail

Done.

Good luck!
    Justin
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Thanks EW - worked exactly as you suggested.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:43 PM
  • I had a user with this issue running Outlook '07 on XP, and the regkey was the fix. His Content Type on .jpg and .jpeg was "JPEG file" which was quite misleading because  at first glance that would seem correct.  I looked at one of the other extentions a few steps up and saw the "image/jpeg" entry on Content Type.  The email that he was getting a bounce-back on had a background image.

Thanks for the fix EWong!
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:07 PM
  • Well Im using Outlook 03 with Exchange 2007. Just got the error this morning after being away for a while. Went into the registry and the two afformentioned files were already correct. Thanks anyways tho. :). Does anyone else have a suggestion?
    Monday, August 17, 2009 5:03 PM
  • I just started having this problem about 2 weeks ago. Running Exchange 2007 with clients using both Outlook 2007 and 2003. Have blackberry server, but issue not with this. Random users on random emails, always to internal users, get this error message 5.6.0

This can not be the jpg issue discussed for several reasons.

The signatures are appened to every email by a third party product upon leaving the server. This error is not always and not for all users all the time.
    I checked the registry for several users with problem and content is just image/jpeg.
    Happened a few times on meeting request from outlook, with no message.

Amazing that there is no discussion on this from Microsoft.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:39 PM
  • I also started having this problem also about two weeks ago.   I pinpointed to Outlook 2007/Exchange.  Here is the scenario I have 
    . had been able to send vcards
    . installed Eurekaware (changes/adds additional fields that can be added to a contact in Outlook)
    . noticed that I started having problems send vcards
    . get the (MSFT message) storage error regardless when sending a vcard to 
      - to internal address
      - to external address
    . DO NOT get the error if I send the vcard using the blackberry.net email 

Here is the setup that I have
    . blackberry curve 8320
    . outlook 2007
    . eurekaware (http://eurekaware.com/)
    . other plugins (plaxo, linkedin)

Hope this helps in resolving the issue.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:55 PM
  • Finally some movement from RIM on this vcard problem!
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/11195/BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_for_Microsoft_Exchange-Release_Notes--925351-1022093403-001-4.1.7-US.pdf
    Bes 4.1.7 was released not too long ago it seems. And in the release notes it specifies this problem as fixed!

(SDR 171235) In BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP4 and later, if a user’s messaging account is on a Microsoft®

Exchange 2007 server, the user might receive an error when the user tries to send a message with a vCard attachment from

the BlackBerry device. The message is not delivered successfully.

In BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP7, this issue is resolved.

I'm downloading it now and expect the problem to be resolved.   I do not know if this problem carried over into version 5 of BES or not.

• Proposed as answer by orangEvan Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:42 PM
  • Is the user sending an attachment - either vcard in the sig or a file they
    attached?
    Is the user signing it with a digital signature?

Remove those and the message should be sent correctly.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:17 PM
  • I am having this problem only with internal messages between users without vcards or attachments. I have been working on this with Microsoft tech support for 1 month with no resolution so far.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:56 PM
  • I am having the same problem, but this is my scenario:

Exchange 2007 server running on Windows 2003 server (the same thing worked without error before we migrated this user from our Exchange 2003 server).  Office 2007 client

User sends a single instance meeting request to an outside email address, no signature block, nothing blackberry, the email goes through

User sends a recurring meeting request to an outside email address, no signature, nothing blackberry gets an immediate bounce message below:  THoughts?

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: Exch2007ServerName
    EndingAddresses

Received: from Exch2007ServerName([::1]) by Exch2007ServerName ([::1]) with mapi;
     Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:02:07 -0800
    To: name removed>
    Importance: high
    X-Priority: 1
    Sensitivity: private
    Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:02:05 -0800
    Subject: Canceled: Mitch Basketball Practice
    Thread-Topic: Mitch Basketball Practice
    Thread-Index: Acpt7RxdClMFqxzrSP6uxzISXsXn0gAA+fSQ
    Message-ID: <removed>
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <removed>

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:52 PM
  • If you send a Calendar item or a Vcard then you will get this error - Check the filters and make sure users can send/receive vcard and calendar item extensions so it does not get rejected. - Mine working fine now.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 7:22 PM
  • #550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##

*** Allways Backup Reg before Modify (File -> export)******

Run: regedit

Computer

hkey_classes_root -> .jpe

hkey_classes_root -> .jpeg

hkey_classes_root -> .jpg

Modify all them the same Value data: (right click on Default, Content Type and PeceivedType)

Default -> jpegfile

content Type -> image/jpeg

PerceviedType -> image

*** It is working for me and I want to share to you.  Thank you for all of you guys post and share your tips.  I learned it from you**********

• Unproposed as answer by ChuongHuynh Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:49 PM
    • Proposed as answer by ChuongHuynh Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:50 PM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Cheers for this, helped me solve the problem v quick indeed!

Thanks again

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Good morning everyone, someone managed to solve this problem? Here in my below, this happens when the user tries to send mail with an attachment. Doc to an external account.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:35 PM
  • I have solved this problem like below step

* Our Cause

- Our user have copied picture to signature

* Solution

- Delete picture on signature and import picture (*.png)

Then, the problem was solved.

If you any other case, let us know

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by ATTech25 Friday, January 7, 2011 4:10 AM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Worked for me @Juhyun Sung Users Medals Users Medals Users Medals Users Medals Users Medals :-)
    Friday, January 7, 2011 4:10 AM
  • Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SERVER01.domain.local

XXXXXX@gmail.com

XXXXX@domain.org

Received: from SERVER01.domain.local ([fe80::784f:5353:5ad2:7303]) by
     SERVER01.domain.local ([fe80::784f:5353:5ad2:7303%10]) with mapi; Thu, 10 Mar
     2011 15:37:47 +0800
    To: "xxxxxxx@gmail.com" <xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>
    CC: user <xxxxxx@domain.org>
    Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:37:16 +0800
    Subject: FW: Flight itineary for user - Final & Confirm
    Thread-Topic: Flight itineary for user - Final & Confirm
    Thread-Index: Acve9Ms0HA/hWK7EQ6W+5iwBsbrFMQAAI50QAAAipjA=
    Message-ID: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C7601B@SERVER01.domain.local>
    References: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C76017@SERVER01.domain.local>
    In-Reply-To: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C76017@SERVER01.domain.local>
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C7601B@SERVER01.domain.local>

Hi, user receive this error when email out.

Using Exchange 2007 , Windows SBS 2008
    User: Windows 7 , MS office 2010 & MS 2007

Kindly, please help me....

Thanks...

Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:21 AM
  • On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:21:18 +0000, Jonathan Rajasegaran wrote:

>
    >
    >Diagnostic information for administrators:
    >
    >Generating server: SERVER01.domain.local
    >
    >XXXXXX@gmail.com #550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##
    >
    >XXXXX@domain.org #550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##
    >
    >Original message headers:
    >
    >Received: from SERVER01.domain.local ([fe80::784f:5353:5ad2:7303]) by SERVER01.domain.local ([fe80::784f:5353:5ad2:7303%10]) with mapi; Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:37:47 +0800 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary From: user <sender@domain.org> To: "xxxxxxx@gmail.com" <xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> CC: user <xxxxxx@domain.org> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:37:16 +0800 Subject: FW: Flight itineary for user - Final & Confirm Thread-Topic: Flight itineary for user - Final & Confirm Thread-Index: Acve9Ms0HA/hWK7EQ6W+5iwBsbrFMQAAI50QAAAipjA= Message-ID: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C7601B@SERVER01.domain.local> References: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C76017@SERVER01.domain.local> In-Reply-To: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C76017@SERVER01.domain.local> Accept-Language: en-US Content-Language: en-US X-MS-Has-Attach: yes X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <BBFC51A2CA6C3F42B2287E1ED7C93F5641E5C7601B@SERVER01.domain.local> MIME-Version: 1.0
    >
    >Hi, user receive this error when email out.
    >
    >Using Exchange 2007 , Windows SBS 2008 User: Windows 7 , MS office 2010 & MS 2007

How about this?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972102

I'm not sure this is helpful:
    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1588489&page=10

Or this:
    http://blog.openbeta.org/

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Friday, March 11, 2011 12:45 AM
  • While there may be several reasons for this, I have found the solution for our environment which may help in yours which I would like to share..

It turns out for us that this problem for us was caused by replying to emails with images in a signature of the person who sent it to us and a lack of memory on the server.  It happens to us when the Total Committed memory is higher than the physical memory installed in the server.  We are a small company of 100 users and have 1 x Exchange 2007 (SP3 RU3) server with all roles and 10GB memory. Our users are using Outlook 2003 SP3 with all updates installed.

Yes, if we delete the image in the signature it sends, but you can't have all your users doing this long term.

I can replicate this consistantly by opening another app ie Backup Exec on the exchange server (taking the used memory above the physical memory) sending the email and it fails with this error.  After I have  closed the program and the memory goes under the physical memory installed the emails send successfully.

I'm still at a loss to determine why it happens to some emails and not others with the same signature.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi folks,

I had this issue too.  We found that the nk2 autocomplete cache files had duplicate or, old entries, for some of our email recipients.  When we typed their name in the To field and the cached name was offered by the nk2 file via Outlook, we scrolled down and deleted them using the X at the end of the list.  We completed typing their name manually, or clicked the To button and pulled their name from the master global address book, and they now deliver correctly.  Once the recipient has rec'vd an email, all emails to them went fine as the new info was cached in the nk2 file.

I hope this fix will apply to some of your issues too.

thanks,

Retlaw

• Proposed as answer by a123u06 Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:54 PM
  • After seeing this problem we ran a pipline trace and got the following output:

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConversionFailedException: Message content has become corrupted. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value should be a valid content type in the form 'token/token'

I found this to have something to do with MAPI property tag PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG on items in the attachment table.  The offending messages have an attachment with the property set to JPEG File.  When I change the property to image/jpeg everything works correctly.

My customer received an email with a signature attachment and the PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG property on the attachment in the Inbox was set to image/jpeg.  The customer replies to the message and gets a 5.6.0 failure notice.  The email in his Sent Items has PR_ATTACH_MIME_TAG set to JPEG File. 

I suspect there is a 3rd party software component on the customer's client machine causing this...investigating further.
    Hi David,
    Do you have a solution for this on server level for this problem? I have a client with the same issue.
    When he replies ( by outlook or OWA) to a mail with a signature, the server gives an error "

"
    Because this also occurs in OWA i think we have to look on server level for a solution. If anyone has a good idea, please let me know.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hello all,

I have also received error "#550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##". Spent some time to fix this. None helped. My configuration: Outlook 2010, Win7, Exchange 2010 (Office 365).

But I found a solution at last!

How to create "a problem":

1. You have an signed email with attachement(s) in SENT folder
    2. You FORWARD this message and re-sent it (signed)
    3. You receive back NONDELIVERY info with above mentioned error message.
    4. If you open the message from SENT folder, some of the attachements may seem to be doubled

How to FIX this problem:

1. solution: simply uncheck "signature" (sent it without certificate)
    2. create a new email and copy content of the FW image to this. Re-sign the message.

Why this is happening? IMHO Outlook will fail in signing this FW message because...because I DUNO. Maybe it duplicates the attachements for some reasons which may cause the email to be invalid? but wtf? ;)

Hope this helps.

JV

Jan Vilimek, GETMORE, ltd. This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Jan Vilímek Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:10 PM
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:10 PM
  • We have this issue on an SBS2011 site.

Only happens with PTM (mapoint Files)

From all pc's or OWA, Files are ok ( I can send them via our exchange 2003 server with no issues )

Clients are XP / Win7 with outlook 2003, 2007 2010 makes no difference.

Chris

Chris Bell

Friday, June 15, 2012 1:28 PM
  • This worked perfectly for me, thankyou. Exchange 2007 SP3 and Outlook 2010. BES Express is installed to the exchange server but the problem mail was not sent from a blackberry or to a blackberry.

Also I was not sending a vcf, it was a zip file.

• Edited by benofishal Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:44 PM
  • I see this series of messages goes up to December 2013  then stops.

I have just received the same message but nothing to do with Blackberry or attached files.

I simply created an appointment on my HTC One phone (Android) and invited 7 people. I received the above error message for each of the invitees. However the invitation was correctly synched to my PC with all the addressee names and I was able to simply resend it from the PC. 

I received no error messages on the phone.

Can anyone help and explain this so I don't get a repeat.

Thanks

Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:30 PM
  • I have Exchange 2010 SP3 RU11; same issue with calendar (accept/ reject/ tentative) items. But only for journaling queue.

Exchange Admin

Friday, March 18, 2016 5:04 PM