i wanted to do a hard reset for my lumia 730 with windows 10. but i have a problem RRS feed

• Question

• i wanted to do a hard reset for my lumia 730 with windows 10 mobile. after finishing all the steps my phone displayed the usual gears thingy. but then it showed a sad smiley face. i still try to switch it on but it doesnt work. it shows the gears and then the sad smiley thing and switches off. is there anyway to fix the probem? please help me.
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Vaasu,

if you can't reach the Windows 10 Mobile/Windows Phone 8.1 menu to reset your phone, you can reset it using the following hardware keys:

1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).       

2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.       

3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:

Volume up
    Volume down
    Power 
    Volume down

Please see the following link for additional information (section "reset unresponsive phone"):
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10666/windows-phone-reset-my-phone

I hope this helps.  

Best,
    Sebastian

---------------------

Please mark as answer if my reply helped solving your issue. Thanks :-)

Follow me on Twitter: @seklenk.

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:54 PM
  • i try doing that but nothing works. is there anyway i can get a fake software or reinstall the real software?
    Saturday, June 4, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Hello vaasu gambhir.

Try performing a phone reset following the instructions published here (paragraph "Reset an unresponsive phone").
    If this does not solve your problem, you have to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool (read here): this tool will format your smartphone and install the OS and the bundled apps from scratch.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, June 5, 2016 6:20 PM