No any alarms received. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Masters!

I plan to monitor the client version of Windows to alert when the client crashes or loses the network connection. But I configured the associated override (Ping Status) When I try to disconnect a client Windows network or unplug the power directly, SCOM does not start any warnings. Only the green sign can only be seen turning gray.

I've subscribed to all the alarms in my subscription.

Other alarms can be received.

Can you help me see what's going on here? Thank you very much!

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:17 AM

Answers

• Have you checked if the monitor is set to raise alert when it is not healthy? You can check it in the monitor settings. If it is not, override it to raise an alert and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) Blog:AnalyticOps Insights Twitter:Sameer Mhaisekar

• Marked as answer by TANSHUAI Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Thank you very much! Because I haven't been disconnected long enough, I've set up a heartbeat Interval of 5s, now waiting for four communication failure, also about 20s, will receive the alarm of departure!
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you not receive only emails or also no alert is raised in the console?

Cheers 

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) Blog:AnalyticOps Insights Twitter:Sameer Mhaisekar

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:49 AM
  • No mail was received for Ping Status, and there was no alarm in the console
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:09 AM
  • Have you checked if the monitor is set to raise alert when it is not healthy? You can check it in the monitor settings. If it is not, override it to raise an alert and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Thank you very much! Because I haven't been disconnected long enough, I've set up a heartbeat Interval of 5s, now waiting for four communication failure, also about 20s, will receive the alarm of departure!
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:48 AM