none
Robocopy Switches Support RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an issue with a robocopy switch, everything was fine before adding this switch but since adding, it appears to ignore my /TEE switch.

robocopy \\$compname\c$\users\$tname \\filestore.destination.com\srt\"Profile Backups"\$tname /E /ZB /COPY:DAT /XJ /TEE /R:1 /W:1 /MT:10 /LOG:\\location\Scripts\CopyLogs\$log.txt /XD \\$compname\c$\users\"$tname"AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER

All worked fine until i was trying to speed it up by adding the /MT:10, it does work it just doesn't show any progress apart from when it can't copy a file.

Is this a bug? or does anyone have any ideas? I need to be able to use the LOG, Multi-Threading and to Display the output on console.

Many Thanks

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

/MT [N]: Creates multi-threaded copies with N threads. N must be an integer between 1 and 128. The default value for N is 8.

The /MT parameter cannot be used with the /IPG and /EFSRAW parameters.

Redirect output using /LOG option for better performance.

So the parameter just to add threads, Did I correctly understand what you mean it?

• Marked as answer by Tarrley Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:26 PM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:14 AM
  • Yes, i added threads as you can see but since the /TEE switch does not work, as it does not display the progress on the console window.

I am not using IPG or EFSRAW so that shouldn't cause any issues should it?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

/MT [N]: Creates multi-threaded copies with N threads. N must be an integer between 1 and 128. The default value for N is 8.

The /MT parameter cannot be used with the /IPG and /EFSRAW parameters.

Redirect output using /LOG option for better performance.

So the parameter just to add threads, Did I correctly understand what you mean it?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:14 AM
  • Yes, i added threads as you can see but since the /TEE switch does not work, as it does not display the progress on the console window.

I am not using IPG or EFSRAW so that shouldn't cause any issues should it?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:23 AM