SCCM 2012 Client - Client Not Online - Not Downloading Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed SCCM 2012 SP1 and SQL server, set up my boundries, boundry group, discovery methods, enabled client push, set up the installation account that has administrator rights on local machines and enabled an Endpoint Protection Point.

Clients are discovered and will automatically install the configuration manager client. However, they will not download the updated policy (which I have set to enable Endpoint). If I attempt to force a manual policy update, I get a prompt that the computer is not online. Even when I force a policy update on the actual server which SCCM is installed on, it says the computer is not online.

I did disable the firewall on both the server and test workstation, but they are still reporting as offline.

Also as a separate question: If I choose to deploy Endpoint definitions through SCCM, rather than WSUS, do I still need WSUS installed?

Here are my log files. http://sdrv.ms/14RAJcB

• Edited by BDCMSFT Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:53 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do other Configuration Manager features work on the clients like hardware/software inventory?

Yes, you need to have WSUS installed as WSUS is used to synchronize the Definition updates from microsoft update along with other updates, it is also used by the clients to scan for updates.

Reagrds,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

Do other Configuration Manager features work on the clients like hardware/software inventory?

Yes, you need to have WSUS installed as WSUS is used to synchronize the Definition updates from microsoft update along with other updates, it is also used by the clients to scan for updates.

Reagrds,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Do I need asset intelligence installed for inventories? I do not have that installed.

Ok, I made a few changes and now the Endpoint client has installed, but I don't know what I did that helped. Which one do you think helped?

• I disabled the firewall on both client and server (File Sharing & WMI were open on both before disabling firewall altogether)
    • I created a distribution point and added the server to a DP group
    • I moved the systems out of their custom device category, verifying 'Enable Endpoint' policy was deployed to All Systems (it was)(Maintenance window was not configured?)
    • Added IIS Windows Authentication Feature.

I also followed the TechNet article on creating an automatic deployment rule to deploy Endpoint product and definition upgrades, but the computers are reporting Endpoint definitions are still out of date. You said I need WSUS installed even if I'm using SCCM to deliver updates? This also means installing the Software Update Point roll on my site?

• Edited by BDCMSFT Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:10 PM