SharePoint Foundation 2010 site restore to new server - version problems - getting desperate! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have spent some time trying to resolve this issue but keep going in circles.

A Dell server running Windows Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1 (14.0.6029.1000) with SQL Server Express 2012 had a RAID failure. So I had to recover the SQL databases from a cloud backup.

The recovered databases appear to be fine and intact and I can import them into SQL Server Express 2012 on a new VM I created for the task which also runs Windows Server 2008 R2.

However the issue I am having is that every time I try to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard and create a new farm from the restored database. It tells me that 14.0.7015.1000 is 'Missing' in the original database. This is because I could not find SharePoint Foundation SP1 to download, I could only find SharePoint Foundation SP2.

I know there are ways to update content databases etc. but I am getting lost with this all. Can anyone help or have any suggestions as to what I can do next? Any help would be really appreciated as I am running out of options!

I'm guessing my options are to either update the databases from 14.0.6029.1000 versions to 14.0.7015.1000 versions. But any information I find about this always refers just to the WSS_Content database. My understanding is that there are 5 databases linked to each SharePoint site...

1. Bdc_Service_DB_......

2. SharePoint_AdminContent_......

3. WSS_Content

4. WSS_Logging

5. Finally, the main database that connects the rest and can be given any name 

I have tried attaching databases, restoring, but nothing seems to work. It all appears to be due to the SP1 vs SP2 issue for SharePoint Foundation!

Please could you help.

Thank you 

Mark

Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

You need to have SP 2010 SP1 installed to upgrade your databses. I think its too late to get the SharePoint foundation with SP1. i checked in MSDN they have only SP2. best option to contact MSFT and get the old bits from them.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by Mark__V Sunday, March 15, 2020 10:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mark__V Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:17 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:21 AM
  • Hi Sharath,

Thanks very much. I had a feeling that might be the case. 

I will contact them directly to get hold of the software. I will report back here once (he said optimistically) it is all solved!

Best

Mark

Sunday, March 15, 2020 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

Can anyone from Microsoft direct me in the right direction? Where can I find SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1? - that version is not available online any longer.

Thank you

Mark

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:03 PM
  • share me your email ID. So, that i can .zip it and send it to you personally.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:55 PM
  • Thank very much, that's great. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Mark

• Edited by Mark__V Monday, March 23, 2020 8:43 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 8:22 PM
  • Just sent it to your personal email, please remove the email from the Forum.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, March 23, 2020 8:40 PM
  • Many thanks Sharath, but unfortunately that file is just the SP1 update. I still need the original SharePoint Foundation 2010 installer. I've unmarked as answered for now just to make sure I get someone's attention.

Can someone from Microsoft please help and provide this download?

Regards

Mark

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:18 AM
  • Hi Mark,

I doubt that they could provide you a setup file, because they even try from MSDN only unless they have saved it on someplace, you have two options where i could think of, create a New Question in the forum and ask for the SP 2010 SP1 setup file specifically in that way they could respond to the question pretty fast and they will let you know, other option create a Technical Support ticket with Microsoft, i doubt they will still support SP 2010 SP1 but give it a try and ask them the setup file specifically.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:07 AM