Windows Vista doesn't know there's an E drive anymore, can't install CD programs at all. HELP PLEASE! RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a Gateway Comp.   that came with Vista Home Premium. I'm not a fan of Vista & if I realized it had Vista I may not have bought it. I was able to install programs from CD's & all was fine then all the sudden, out of nowhere, it didn't want to istall a couple of programs, but it still installed a couple of others. Then it wouldn't install 1 program & I went into computer to install from the file, & for some reason there was no E drive!   It is compleatly missing! I've tried all I know, but I don't know enough. I have just bought some 'mondo' super art programs that I've wanted forever & I can't get started on learning how to draw on the computer! I would be SO GREATFUL if someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this & let my comp. (a desktop) see it's E. drive again & I can install programs on my comp. again.  Thank You Very Much!!!   

Saturday, June 21, 2008 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The following KB article may be helpful in your scenario:

You may experience various problems when you use optical media in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929460/en-us

Try the recommendations in the article to locate the root cause. If it doesn't help, I think the best source is Gateway company.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:36 AM