none
Alert Status shows "Warning" even though no warnings are listed in "Active Alerts" RRS feed

• Question

• In my SCE console I have 5 Windows Servers, three of which are showing an alert status of "Warning". However, when I go into Active Alerts, only one server is reporting a problem. The other two appear to be operating correctly.

Even stranger, if I double click one of the servers without any active alerts that shows a status of Warning, then click the "Warning" link on the SCE system properties dialog an "Active Alerts" report comes up. The active alert being displayed is for a *different* server!

It looks as though the single server with the active alert is somehow affecting the status of two other servers. I can't figure out if I've configured something wrong or if this might be an issue in SCE 2010 B1. Has anyone else seen anything similar?
    Friday, November 20, 2009 7:59 PM

Answers

• Update on this one - I resolved the single active alert (for our QA) server and *all* of our servers how show a Alert Status of "OK". The alert definitely wasn't for the other servers - looks like things internally may have gotten crosswired somehow.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:41 PM
  • Shadow -

Thank you for reporting this descrepency, we are looking into why the status is reporting inaccurately.  It would help if you could provide us with one last piece of information:

For the two machines reporting as Healthy for Alert Status, but appear to have alerts or warnings, could you go to the All Windows Computers view, chose one of the healthy machines, and then list all 4 status from the details pane (Alerts, Updates, Software, Agents).  Then select the Agents: (Value) link and report if there any warning, alert, or gray icons appear in the health explorer?
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:39 PM

All replies

• Update on this one - I resolved the single active alert (for our QA) server and *all* of our servers how show a Alert Status of "OK". The alert definitely wasn't for the other servers - looks like things internally may have gotten crosswired somehow.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:41 PM
  • Was the single alert for the system running SCE itself?  Could you provide the text of the alert that was showing?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:04 PM
  • The problem showed up this morning again, looks like multiple alerts are affected.

Looking at the "All Windows Computers" view:

DEV-01 (has problem) - Alert Status Warning. Clicking "Warning" in the details area to bring up the Active Alerts Report for the machine:
    * Source: DEVTEST-01 - System Center Essentials Server IP address has changed. Please re-run the Product Configuration Wizard to reconfigure the Windows Firewall policy exceptions.
    * Source: QAWEB-02 - Script or Executable Failed to run. Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 12:52:17 AM has detected errors. The 'ExitCode' policy expression: [^0]+ matched the following output: 128. Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2005DB.vbs" br-qaweb-02\SQLEXPRESS
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 18\255\

DEVTEST-01 (has problem) - Alert Status Warning. Clicking "Warning" in the details area to bring up the Active Alerts Report for the machine:
    * Source: DEVTEST-01 - System Center Essentials Server IP address has changed. Please re-run the Product Configuration Wizard to reconfigure the Windows Firewall policy exceptions.
    * Source: QAWEB-02 - Script or Executable Failed to run. Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 12:52:17 AM has detected errors. The 'ExitCode' policy expression: [^0]+ matched the following output: 128. Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetSQL2005DB.vbs" br-qaweb-02\SQLEXPRESS
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 18\255\

QAWEB-02 (appears correct) - Alert Status Warning. Clicking "Warning" in the details area to bring up the Active Alerts Report for the machine:

I checked the "Windows Computers" view in the "Monitoring" section, only QAWEB-02 shows a warning. DEVTEST-01 and DEV-01 are reported as Healthy.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Shadow -

Thank you for reporting this descrepency, we are looking into why the status is reporting inaccurately.  It would help if you could provide us with one last piece of information:

For the two machines reporting as Healthy for Alert Status, but appear to have alerts or warnings, could you go to the All Windows Computers view, chose one of the healthy machines, and then list all 4 status from the details pane (Alerts, Updates, Software, Agents).  Then select the Agents: (Value) link and report if there any warning, alert, or gray icons appear in the health explorer?
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:39 PM