none
svchost eating 100% of one cpu core RRS feed

• Question

• We have over 100+ machines with POSReady 7 that are displaying this issue. It has to do with Windows Update yet again. Can anyone help?
    Saturday, January 14, 2017 3:17 AM

All replies

• Just to be sure, all systems have the runtime key installed? I would assume so.

If you disable Windows update does the problem go away?

If you change the power plan to high performance does the performance improve?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:54 PM
  • Just to be sure, all systems have the runtime key installed? I would assume so. Yes

If you disable Windows update does the problem go away? Yes it is definitely Windows Update.

If you change the power plan to high performance does the performance improve? Yes but Windows Update is still consuming one cpu core.

Sunday, January 15, 2017 8:59 AM
  • What is the processor and how much memory is in the system? I am assuming all 100+ systems are the same.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Sunday, January 15, 2017 11:36 PM
  • Celeron 1037U and 2GB. This is a Microsoft Windows Update problem. If I apply the January rollup manually the problem goes away.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:04 AM
  • If there was a way to up the memory and processor, it might help with CPU usage. As such, you are correct that it probably is how Windows update is running.

If the January update fix a bug that would be the answer. The only suggestion I have is to contact Microsoft directly or through your distributor to get a support ticket in to see if there is a fix.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:42 PM
  • I am having the same problem with POSReady 2009.

Where can I find the security rollups to update manually?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:09 PM
  • If you are an OEM of the device you can get updates through the secure Microsoft MyOEM site. If you are not the OEM, you will have to go back to the manufacturer to get updates.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:38 PM
  • Never mind, found it:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=POSREADY

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:33 PM
  • Good Morning,
    Did this mentioned update address your issue in Windows XP?
    I use Windows XP (SP3) and MS Office 2007 (SP3).

Thank you.

Bruno Maia

Friday, July 21, 2017 12:46 PM