none
Booking time - when is that allowed/not allowed? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it the case in Project Online that all tasks can have time booked against them - such as if manually adding a  task to your timesheet -  or are there some restrictions? (e.g. when task is 100% complete in the plan you cannot book time)
    • Edited by atestname Monday, July 1, 2019 8:51 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2019 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Team members can enter actuals against tasks but you have approval behind so you always keep control.

Note that you can always lock tasks once they are completed so team members cannot enter time against those locked tasks.

https://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/2017/11/20/using-the-locked-column-to-prevent-task-updates/

You can also unpublish those tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, July 1, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume - understood about the approvals.

So a task that is 100% complete - but is not locked - can have time booked against it?

Monday, July 1, 2019 9:49 AM
  • I would test it before, but as far as I remember, the answer is yes. And it seems logic: maybe the team member has the information that there is still remaining work on the task even if he previously gave the information that it was completed. But the project manager (status manager) can always reject the update.

I suggest to have the process for the project managers to set all completed tasks to LOCKED.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, July 1, 2019 10:03 AM