none
How is Absolute Priority and Priority values calculated in [MSP_ANALYSIS_PROJECTS] table in Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed PortfolioStrategyDataToRDB solution starter (http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter) in our PS 2010 environment.

After deploying the solution starter solution I could see that new tables got created in reporting DB for Portfolio Strategy.

Later I published the analysis data as below

In portfolio analysis.. one project can be part of multiple analysis with different priority values, but I thought the absolute priority value would be same for the project across multiple analysis, but it is not true..I see that Absolute priority also varies for a project across analysis.

Can anybody explain what is the significance and how the Absolute priority value gets calculated in [MSP_ANALYSIS_PROJECTS] table ?

Regards,

Sudhir

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:55 PM

All replies

• The absolute value will only depend on the impact a specific project has on the business drivers (or custom fields) used for prioritization. The relative value depends on the number of projects included in an analysis (and their priorities). Generally, you should see that adding or removing projects from an analysis (or comparing a project against the same set of drivers / custom fields, with the same priorities) will not change an absolute value, which is not the case for the relative one (displayed in the UI). Hope this helps.

www.umt.com

Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hello Catalin,

I have a project which is part of multiple analysis and has different relative priority values across analysis which is quite understandable because the set of drivers are different in each analysis. But expected the absolute priority value to be same across analysis for this project. but it is not.

Can you help me in understanding what could be the reason the absolute priority values is different for a project across analysis. or when can the absolute values may vary across analysis for the same project.

Regards,

Sudhir

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:39 AM
  • If the set of drivers is different, absolute priorities will be different. Absolute priorities do depend on the drivers, reflect the non-normalized priorities. Hope this is a bit more clear.

www.umt.com

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:31 PM