xSNMP Pack - enable temperature sensor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

i just imported the xsnmp MP to monitor CISCO 3750 and its interfaces.

how can i see the values of temperature sensors? -> enable the monitors "Temperature Sensors (EnvMon-MIB)" and "Temperature Sensors (Entity-MIB)"

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi DaHuhn -

I think you are referring to a third-party management pack. I am not familiar that with that particular one. A tip is that you might also look to the vendor/author of that management pack for help with this one.

Good luck,

John Joyner
    MVP-OpsMgr

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, April 4, 2011 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:40 AM
  • The temperature sensors monitor is on by default on the xSNMP Cisco MP. 

You should be able to browse to view xSNMP Devices > Cisco Devices > Performance Data and see counter type's of 'Temperature (C)' for your Cisco devices. It might take a number of hours for these to turn up though, you might just need to be patient if you've only just installed the MP.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:40 AM
  •  

Hi,

Considering this is questions is about xSNMP Management Pack, if you need detail information and further investigation, it is recommended that you create a discussion in:

xSNMP Extensions for System Center OpsMgr 2007 Discussions

http://xsnmp.codeplex.com/discussions

Thanks. Hope you will get satisfactory answers there!

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi DaHuhn -

I think you are referring to a third-party management pack. I am not familiar that with that particular one. A tip is that you might also look to the vendor/author of that management pack for help with this one.

Good luck,

John Joyner
    MVP-OpsMgr

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:40 AM
  • The temperature sensors monitor is on by default on the xSNMP Cisco MP. 

You should be able to browse to view xSNMP Devices > Cisco Devices > Performance Data and see counter type's of 'Temperature (C)' for your Cisco devices. It might take a number of hours for these to turn up though, you might just need to be patient if you've only just installed the MP.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:40 AM
  •  

Hi,

Considering this is questions is about xSNMP Management Pack, if you need detail information and further investigation, it is recommended that you create a discussion in:

xSNMP Extensions for System Center OpsMgr 2007 Discussions

http://xsnmp.codeplex.com/discussions

Thanks. Hope you will get satisfactory answers there!

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:32 AM