Cannot remove archive database RRS feed

• Question

• I have read several articles and tried many things : (i get this message)

This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, public folder mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes, Audit mailboxes. To get a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all mailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all public folder mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -PublicFolder. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To get a list of all Audit mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -AuditLog. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. To disable a public folder mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -PublicFolder. To disable a Audit mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Get-Mailbox -AuditLog |

I have read many articles on this and i can confirm there are NO mailboxs, no monitoring or health, no archive folders, no public folders, no arbitration, no current or old migration jobs, no retention policies.

I cant get a result from mailbox plan, but believe this is for 365 ?

This was enabled as a test archive store for in place archiving. I had several archive pst's on it. They have now been migrated ?

One issue may be that i tried adding the server to a dag, and it dismounted this problem archive database. I then created the same drive on another server, and seeded it. It errored however the copy appeared on the 2nd server. I have now removed this copy and removed the original server from the DAG (where my problem database still lives)

It may be that this has caused some corruption. Is there a brute force way to remove the database ? there are currently no other databases on this server.

Any help appreciated - Thanks

db

Friday, February 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Dwight,

Yes, you can use ADSIEdit tool to remove the specific DB only. Find the DB in adsiedit tool as below:

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, February 26, 2018 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dwight Bottomley Monday, March 5, 2018 10:15 AM
    Monday, February 19, 2018 3:36 PM

All replies

• If i run this

dsquery * domainroot -attr * -limit 0 > results.txt

and search through for my database name a health mailbox appears. I then remove this and it shows nothing. However after about 15 mins, if i re run this a NEW health mailbox appears.  The result looks like this. It seems that is somehow active ?

ADsPath: LDAP://dcname/CN=Iphone\, computername,OU=WiMAC,DC=liverpoolmh,DC=local
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: person
    objectClass: organizationalPerson
    objectClass: user
    cn: HealthMailbox3d2eb63b94aa4610acfe1b04ebd6dab4
    distinguishedName: CN=HealthMailbox3d2eb63b94aa4610acfe1b04ebd6dab4,CN=Monitoring Mailboxes,CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,DC=liverpoolmh,DC=local
    instanceType: 4
    whenCreated: 02/16/2018 14:27:59
    whenChanged: 02/16/2018 14:31:44
    displayName: HealthMailbox-exc-sec-1-archivetest
    uSNCreated: 158886348
    uSNChanged: 158887079
    proxyAddresses: SMTP:HealthMailbox3d2eb63b94aa4610acfe1b04ebd6dab4@liverpoolmh.co.uk
    proxyAddresses: SIP:HealthMailbox3d2eb63b94aa4610acfe1b04ebd6dab4@liverpoolmh.co.uk
    garbageCollPeriod: 1209600
    name: HealthMailbox3d2eb63b94aa4610acfe1b04ebd6dab4
    objectGUID: {4E6ACEB8-777A-4173-BCBF-C2E349EC780F}
    userAccountControl: 66048
    badPwdCount: 0
    codePage: 0
    countryCode: 0
    badPasswordTime: 0
    lastLogoff: 0
    lastLogon: 131632655957837540

db

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:49 PM
  • I was going to just delete it in ADSI edit, but now im not to sure ?

db

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:49 PM
  • Hi Dwight,

Yes, you can use ADSIEdit tool to remove the specific DB only. Find the DB in adsiedit tool as below:

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, February 26, 2018 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dwight Bottomley Monday, March 5, 2018 10:15 AM
    Monday, February 19, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi Dwight,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Yes all good, just used adsi edit.

Thanks

db

Monday, March 5, 2018 10:16 AM
  • Niko,

I need to remove an archive database but it seems one of my healthboxes has an in-place archive created in this database. How can I remove it? Can I still use ADSIEdit, since this is the only mailbox left in this database.

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:16 PM