none
Internet Explorer Security Error In C-Sharp windows form application (tsclient) RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Bing Translator Widget ( Javascript Code ) for translation of HTML web page. 
    I placed widget in web control in windows form application .
    But I am facing this error and I want to handle this error by programmatically ( C-Sharp).
    when someone accessing this through tsclient then this error will occur .

Error :

Content with in this application coming from the website listed below is being blocked by internet explorer enhanced security configuration

about : security_EMRMain.exe

Monday, March 10, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• HI,

Actually, I failed reproduce your issue in my side (IE11 + Windows 8.1), It works fine, did you run your application in windows server system?By default, Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled on Windows Server 2003.

To run a Web Browser control in IE8 Standards Mode, use the following new value into the registry:

[(HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
    "MyApplication.exe" = dword 8000 (Hex: 0x1F40) 
    (Form More IE8 Extensibility Improvements)

And then, I create web page which contains Microsoft Bing Translator Widget (Active X control).

>>Content with in this application coming from the website listed below is being blocked by internet explorer enhanced security configuration

I think you need add this web site to the Intranet or Trusted sites zone by directly modifying the registry. The key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

Adding Sites to the Enhanced Security Configuration Zones

Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration changes the browsing experience

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Its work fine on server with no error but when user access application through terminal Server Remote App  then this error appears.I already add site on trusted site zone on server and user pc but the problem is still present. 

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

>>Its work fine on server with no error but when user access application through terminal Server Remote App  then this error appears.

Did you want to run application in Windows server shared folder ?

Please try to download it in your PC ,and check if is correct.

>>I already add site on trusted site zone on server and user pc but the problem is still present. 

You'd better try to close Enhanced Security Configuration for Windows Internet Explorer funtion in windows server.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Adding to Mercop0021's answer, see Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration and Terminal Services for more details. You can also find how to change Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration for specific users in the article.

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:09 PM