none
Bitlocker for PCs that dont leave the office RRS feed

• Question

• Firstly yes ive done some research just asking the experts their opinions.

Basically I just wondered is there any need for Bitlocker on PCs that don't leave the office? I am putting this onto laptops that leave the office daily to secure data but just wondered if there's any features that would benefit all PC's?

Also when researching it I found some article saying to manage it from a domain controller you have to pay for some software is this correct? 

Thanks

Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:51 AM

All replies

• The answer depends of how your physical security of your desktops is ensured. Based on this, you can determine if desktop encryption is needed or not. In all cases, it is always nice to have them all encrypted.

In terms of software to use, I would recommend using MBAM.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:11 PM
  • Encryption is part of the very security baseline of any computer, so yes, any system should be encrypted if you cannot guarantee its physical security. Without, anyone may just manipulate the hard drive in minutes.

You don't need to buy management software, all can be scripted. MBAM is nice to have in huge environments (say 500+ devices).

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:03 AM