none
DHCP logfile error win 2012 R2 New server / New scope Same issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - 

I am updating my DC's to win2012.  I Currently have AD running on 2 Win2003 servers and 1 win2012 Server.  The win2012 server has all the FSMO roles. DNS replicated no issue and is working.  DHCP replicated, and was working, but initially was giving me a red "x" for address leases.  I went ahead and deleted the entire scope and recreated it (since it is quite simple for a small organization with only a few reservations), but still getting this error Multiple times per hour no matter what I seem to do.  Hardware is brand new and straight from Dell with no modifications.  Is this really a hardware issue?

svchost (1520) The database page read from the file "C:\Windows\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb" at offset 294912 (0x0000000000048000) (database page 71 (0x47)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch.  The stored checksum was [000000009c7d5736] and the computed checksum was [0000004715d69ad9].  The read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06).  If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup.  This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems you DHCP database corrupted,and you don't have a good back up,you could try to remove DHCP server role,and delete all the files in %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp folder,then re-add the DHCP server role and test again.

In addtion,please keep a good backup in case,you don't want to recreate it when you have large environment.:)

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:15 AM

All replies

• also - to add - I do not have a good backup on this win12 server.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

It seems you DHCP database corrupted,and you don't have a good back up,you could try to remove DHCP server role,and delete all the files in %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp folder,then re-add the DHCP server role and test again.

In addtion,please keep a good backup in case,you don't want to recreate it when you have large environment.:)

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Thanks! Ill try and let know if fixed.  Thanks.  Going from 2003 - 2012 has been a pain.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cartman

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:03 AM