Windows 7 Query RRS feed

• Question

• i have a sony vaio, i have upgraded to windows 7 evaluation copy. however All the short cuts of my note book are not working .why? and are programs compatible with vista ,complies with Windows 7 also,i mean no compatibility issue?
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 7:58 AM

Answers

• You mean the hardware buttons (like the volume etc.)? If yes, you might need to obtain some sort of keyboard drivers from Sony's website
    Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    • Proposed as answer by JoelbX Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, September 21, 2009 9:22 PM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:53 PM
  • Please download Windows Vista/7 drivers for keyboard on Sony's website and install it.

It should be work.

Thanks.

Monday, September 21, 2009 7:00 AM

All replies

• You mean the hardware buttons (like the volume etc.)? If yes, you might need to obtain some sort of keyboard drivers from Sony's website
    Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    • Proposed as answer by JoelbX Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, September 21, 2009 9:22 PM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:53 PM
  • My edit/version:
    You mean the hardware buttons (like the volume or custom shortcut buttons etc.)? If yes, you will need to obtain some sort of drivers (not necessarily keyboard drivers) from Sony's website.
    They can be win7 or Vista drivers...but not XP drivers.
    Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads
    • Proposed as answer by JoelbX Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:21 PM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Please download Windows Vista/7 drivers for keyboard on Sony's website and install it.

It should be work.

Thanks.

Monday, September 21, 2009 7:00 AM
  • hey thanks! however i hav a model VAIO  VGN FZ 190 & i have been told that utilities of old models are not compatible with windows 7. Thats the reason why my short cut keys of AV mode or function f4 etc not working, i am using windows 7 short cut keys downloaded from internet. whatever i try to download & run application,compatibility screen pops up
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:06 PM
  • I have trid sony esupport but they do not have drivers for key boards..specially windows 7 drivers

Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:08 PM
  • hey thanks! however i hav a model VAIO  VGN FZ 190 & i have been told that utilities of old models are not compatible with windows 7. Thats the reason why my short cut keys of AV mode or function f4 etc not working, i am using windows 7 short cut keys downloaded from internet. whatever i try to download & run application,compatibility screen pops up

Did you try running the app in Vista compatibility mode?
    (right click exe of app, select Properties, click Compatibility tab, check Run this program in compatibility mode for, then choose Vista in the dropdown box)
    Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Stuff for win7 launch party hosts
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 9:46 PM