MDT 2012 deployment task sequence with unattend.xml problem RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks DCtheGeek provided the link on follow for to my request  a GUI to partition and format disk while deployment,

http://www.techforcast.com/2012/03/disk-configuration-wizard-customization.html 

I follow the steps and make a usb flash image to deploy, but it seems no luck on me, the task doesn't follow the unattend.xml to do the DiskConfiguration.

Since already disabled both the "Validate" and "Format and Partition Disk", so the deployment will stop on here 

my cs.ini as follow

---------------------------

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminAccounts=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=NO
    SkipBitLocker=NO
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipDeploymentType=YES
    DeploymentType=NEWCOMPUTER
    AdminPassword=
    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
    KeyboardLocale=zh-tw
    UserLocale=zh-tw
    InputLocale=0404:00000404
    TimeZone=220
    TimeZoneName=Taipei Standard Time
    ComputerName=WINDOWSREF000

chihs

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Chihs,

May I ask why you want to use the unattend.xml to specify format and partition actions?

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Sure,

This is for a special request that need a various hard disk configurations, also want a simple Windows installation with drivers, applications.

Thanks!

C.C.

chihs

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:56 AM
  • Thanks for the information,

I did read such article on web, but I don't know where to put the script and how to run from the task sequence, does the script need to save as a file?  if use the command line only can run one statement.

Would you provide the steps for it, and seems the example is for one disk/partition only, how do I to do  if have multiple disks and partitions?

Thanks!

C.C.

chihs

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Have know to run a script file on command line need by cscript.exe,

but, do you have the example for the multiple disks and partitions configuration, I am not familiar with the vb script.

Thanks!

C.C.

chihs

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 8:47 AM