none
Resource usage view shows different work from the Work field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using Project Pro 2013, with project online and enterprise resource pool.

I have a project where, when running a visual report on Assignment Usage, the numbers weren't matching what I was seeing in the Resource Usage view.

I've found there are differences in the 'work' field in resource usage view and in the timephased portion of the screen. If I update the timephased work field (with the exact same number) the Work field itself will then update and match again. Attached a screen shot to help explain where the discrepency is.

Any ideas how this has happened and how to fix it, other than go through every task and find the errors.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jessica,

I'm currently seen a similar issue for one of my customer with Project Server 2010, but it is occuring only for summary rows in the resource usage, not directly for the assignment.

The first test is to open the same project from another machine with another user profile. Also try to clean the local cache and see if it helps. Finally are you accessing Project Server via Citrix?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:16 AM
  • Have you got SP1 for Project Pro 2013? There was a Usage view error fixed by SP1 that showed work in the wrong time period. Not quite the same thing, but no point trying to debug a problem if Project isn't up to date.

Project Online is regularly updated so it is important to have regular updates for Project Pro as well.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:23 PM