none
Allow Domain users to change their password

Question

• Can someone tell me step by step how to allow domain users through Group Policy to change their own password .
    Monday, August 03, 2015 7:57 PM

Answers

• Hi

Normally users can change own passwords themselves anyways.Just  press ctrl+Alt+Delete and select change password.They need to enter their old password and then enter their new password twice.

• Marked as answer by TheKnight66 Monday, August 03, 2015 8:21 PM
    Monday, August 03, 2015 8:15 PM

All replies

• Take a look at Password Policy TechNet article - https://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh994572(v=ws.10).aspx
    Monday, August 03, 2015 8:13 PM
  • Hi

Normally users can change own passwords themselves anyways.Just  press ctrl+Alt+Delete and select change password.They need to enter their old password and then enter their new password twice.

• Marked as answer by TheKnight66 Monday, August 03, 2015 8:21 PM
    Monday, August 03, 2015 8:15 PM
  • Thank you, it worked perfectly !

Monday, August 03, 2015 8:21 PM
  • Hi TheKnight,

I'm glad that you solved your issue. And also make sure the password meet the password policy.

If you have other problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 4:48 AM
  • I am not sure if somebody here can help with unattended Win7 installation through WDS. Let me know if someone can so i can post the problem that i am facing. 

Thank you. 

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 7:10 AM