none
2 Phase Command APPC TP and HIS Client Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a HIS 2010 Client install pointing to a HIS Server 2010.

I hace a APPC TP defined on the client via TPSETUP. In the Local LU settings I have specified the client machine name and enabled for the resync service.

However I see error such as:-

Failed to invoke APPC TP 06F2 (),

in the event log.

Can the HIS Client be used with 2PC APPC TP Applications or is Server required for the resync service ?

If HIS Server is used then can it be used in a Client Mode ?

Many Thanks

David

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Have you set up the following to get the 2 phases commit working :

1. Define a Logmode for the 2 Phases Commit (Host & SNA-Manager)

2. Don't forget to specify a Resync Server

3. Define a WIP Remote Environment that is 2 phases commit aware

4. Take also a look at your MSDTC Configuration.

The easiest way to set it up and to test the 2 phases commit would be to do everything on one server box. After that you can take some pieces to the client part by using TPSETUP.

There have been some fixes in CU1 and CU3 (as far as I can remember) for 2phases commit.

If you would like to call more CICS Transactions in one UOW (unit of work) please use the PersistentConnection in the ClientContext (ConnectionUsage) otherwise you cannot access the same data in those CICS Transactions (.... DB2 ....)

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Have you set up the following to get the 2 phases commit working :

1. Define a Logmode for the 2 Phases Commit (Host & SNA-Manager)

2. Don't forget to specify a Resync Server

3. Define a WIP Remote Environment that is 2 phases commit aware

4. Take also a look at your MSDTC Configuration.

The easiest way to set it up and to test the 2 phases commit would be to do everything on one server box. After that you can take some pieces to the client part by using TPSETUP.

There have been some fixes in CU1 and CU3 (as far as I can remember) for 2phases commit.

If you would like to call more CICS Transactions in one UOW (unit of work) please use the PersistentConnection in the ClientContext (ConnectionUsage) otherwise you cannot access the same data in those CICS Transactions (.... DB2 ....)

Best Regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:10 PM
  • Hi, İ have appc connection with his 2009(dlc) and i would like make cpi-c call from my.net application server. Sna server is active(pu) do i have to install his client to application server for call? What should be done? What should be done for communıcation?sdk?,host adaptor? Regards Oytun
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:59 PM
  • If you have a CPI-C application installed on an application server separate from the HIS 2009 Server system, you can install the HIS 2009 Client on the application server. You run the HIS 2009 Setup program and select the Client component from the list of Available components (de-select the Server component) to install the HIS 2009 Client.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:57 PM