Error in unistall PXE Service Point RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I intent delete PXE Service Point in SCCM. In section Site Systems \\ServerName.

Select PXE service point, right click and select delete, show message:

This PXE service point contains packages. Remove all packages from the PXE service point before removing the PXE service point role from this site system.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hi.

Use the next procedure:

Please check: in the Config Mgr console, navigate to Computer Management > Operating System Deployment > Operating System Images > Check if there are any images present there, if yes, right click the Distribution Points node and select "Manage Distribution Points" -> select "Delete the package from selected distribution points", in the
    next page, remove the PXE point. Perform the same steps to all the existing images and check the issue again.

please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Regards,

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:27 PM

All replies

• Ideas? Yes. Just do what the message tells you to do: remove the packages from the PXE service point. The packages on your PXESP are most likely the boot images. Navigate to Operating System Deployment -> Boot Images -> Boot image (x64 | x86) and remove the PXESP from the packages.

Friday, July 11, 2008 7:09 AM
  • Hi Torsten.

I delete Boot images, both x64 | x86, but I have the same error.

Other idea?

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:56 PM
  • Carlos,

(How) did you solve this problem?

I'm in the same situation right now and cannot remove this server-role.

Thx,

Guenther

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:59 PM
  • Hi.

Use the next procedure:

Please check: in the Config Mgr console, navigate to Computer Management > Operating System Deployment > Operating System Images > Check if there are any images present there, if yes, right click the Distribution Points node and select "Manage Distribution Points" -> select "Delete the package from selected distribution points", in the
    next page, remove the PXE point. Perform the same steps to all the existing images and check the issue again.

please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Regards,

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

thx for your quick responce!

yes, this was the solution - before i checked only for the Boot-Images but not for the other OS-Images...

Cheers,

Guenther

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:52 PM