Issue with scorecard filter in PPS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a PPS 2010 scorecard with time dimension (Week1, Week2, Week3 …) on columns and KPIs on rows.

It’s showing Actual and week on week Trend.

We are trying to implement a custom filter (by a dimension “Status” for Active Status) on the scorecard as below:

1.       Create a KPI and filter the actual measure by the “Status” dimension.

2.       Create a Target value and name it “Trend” and use the mdx tuple formula as below:

(([Measures].[Customers Added],[Status].[Status Name].&[1],[Order Date].[Fiscal Date].CURRENTMEMBER)

-([Measures].[ Customers Added]], [Status].[Status Name].&[1],[Order Date].[Fiscal Date].PREVMEMBER))

/([Measures].[ Customers Added]], [Status].[Status Name].&[1],[Order Date].[Fiscal Date].PREVMEMBER)

3.       Set the scoring pattern as Increasing is better and banding method as Band by stated Score and enter the above formula in the mappings for the state score.

Now when I add this KPI to the scorecard, it does filter the Actuals correctly but the Trend is not showing the correct values.

I even tried putting filters by Status dimension for Actual and Target on the scorecard through the wizard but it doesn’t filter the data.

I was looking for a background filter in scorecard similar to the one we have in Analytical reports and charts in PPS.

Appreciate any help.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:15 PM

Answers

• When you setup the dimensional data source mapping for the KPI you will filter the value by selecting a dimension and setting a default value.  This is the same thing that the wizard will do.  Assuming that you have properly setup the dimension usage in the cube design you value will be filtered based on the additional configuration.

If you are trying to do something else like place a filter on the scorecard you can do this as well.  You don't need to define the dimension member in the KPI mapping, you can simply filter the scorecard by setting up a link between the dashboard filter and the scorecard to filter the measures.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, July 16, 2010 2:22 AM