none
GPO to Auto Map Drive

Question

• Hello Experts,

Our Management advice me to implement a GPO to Auto Map department shared folders in their appropriate users computers when they login to their system. I have a confusion in implementing this GPO, for example how i created this GPO is as follows:-

1)First i created a OU called ICT 

2)then i created a security Group called ICT-Group under the OU called ICT and added all the ICT users into this security group But you should note that all the ICT users are still located under another OU called Staff

3)Then i created the following GPO called Drive Mapping by going to settings:-

User Configuration > Preferences > Drive Maps 

I link this GPO to OU called ICT but it not working correctly. Experts can you please advice me what is wrong in my procedure. 

Regards,

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 8:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if you want map drives at Users configuration part of GPO, you must link this GPO to OU with your Domain Users accounts, in your case is this OU called Staff.

Targeting on ICT Group is correct, but creating special OU ICT without contains Users account, only for one security group is pointless.

Link a GPO Drive Mapping to Staff OU and it will be work.

Regards,

thennet.

Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thank you!

• Edited by thennet Wednesday, June 03, 2015 8:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by smpvm Thursday, June 04, 2015 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, June 03, 2015 8:43 AM