Problem opening windows on taskbar RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I'm having a problem opening windows from the taskbar. For example, right now I have Onenote open. When I attempt to access it from the taskbar, I see the thumbnail and preview just fine, but when I click it, I revert back to my open browser (the Onenote icon then flashes and turns orange). This happens with any program/window in the taskbar. The only way for me to open it is if I minimize everything and then click the icon. Also, this problem only happens with windows that are NOT minimized. If I minimze Onenote first, I can access it directly from the taskbar while another window is open. It seems like a fairly minor problem, but a very frustrating one.

I tried to plug in a different mouse but experienced the same problem.

I was unable to find another post with someone that had the same problem. Hopefully the problem is clear. If not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify further.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Changed type Sean Zhu - Friday, September 4, 2009 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:28 PM

All replies

• Are you clicking on the app on the taskbar itself, or its thumbnail?

I seem to be able to bring various windows to the foreground as expected by clicking on their "boxes" in the taskbar itself.

-Noel
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:03 AM
  • HI,

I have the same problem. Have you been able to solve yours?, if Yes, may I know how you did?

Thanks.

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:52 PM