none
Show different baselines in the MS Project Server Project Center View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

in the MS Project Server Project Center view you can chose out of different gantt formats.

For example it is possible to show the standard baseline (without a number) of a Project. So you can create variance analysis!

Is it also possible to show baseline 1 - 10?

In our company we want to show baseline 10 in the Project Center.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I may jump in.. I might be wrong but Dale will correct me.

It should be possible to use the custom duration in the server settings/gantt chart formats. This would work only for the duration but since the project center gantt charts are about duration, it could be ok.

For that you have to use the custom duration 1 (for example) with a formula (custom duration 1 = baseline10 duration). Then configure your gantt chart format with this custom duration 1 and use it for a new project center view.

The problem is that this is a local custom field, not an enterprise one. Meaning that you have to add it in your project templates for the new projects, and add it manually for the existing projects (you could also use some VBA).

See the detailed procedure by Barbara in a similar post.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:04 PM

All replies

• BDGuerilla --

No, it is not possible to display any baseline other than Baseline 0 (aka Baseline) in Project Center views.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

If I may jump in.. I might be wrong but Dale will correct me.

It should be possible to use the custom duration in the server settings/gantt chart formats. This would work only for the duration but since the project center gantt charts are about duration, it could be ok.

For that you have to use the custom duration 1 (for example) with a formula (custom duration 1 = baseline10 duration). Then configure your gantt chart format with this custom duration 1 and use it for a new project center view.

The problem is that this is a local custom field, not an enterprise one. Meaning that you have to add it in your project templates for the new projects, and add it manually for the existing projects (you could also use some VBA).

See the detailed procedure by Barbara in a similar post.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

works great! Thank you a lot!

-Closed-

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:18 PM