Hotmail contacts no longer accessible to delete or autofill RRS feed

• Question

• Recently my contacts have stopped autofilling when I create an email, and what is worse is that I am unable to delete or edit any of my contacts when I go to the contacts tab. Under the 'options' and then 'mail' tab, my choices and layout are different from what I see on other help screens where it says to check if the autofill feature is turned on. I don't seem to have that option. I tried following the Vinny thread, but I am not technical enough to follow his suggestions. Can anyone help in layman's terms?

Thank you!

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How many accounts did you configure in Outlook? Also confirm if the Hotmail account is your default account in this profile. Which connection you used to setup your Hotmail account in Outlook, Exchange Cached mode, IMAP, POP3 or Exchange ActiveSync?

Please confirm if there is an Stream_Autocomplete_0_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dat file located in the following path in your computer:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache

If possible, please create a new Outlook profile to have a try.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:29 PM