none
Discovery Errors-Duplicate Objects Workaround RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have written an ECMA MA Connected to a SQL data source. It works quite well but the MA encounters discovery errors-duplicate objects during Import Run Cycle. The Source of this issue is due to duplicate records in the connected database table.

I just need some ideas on how to by pass importing duplicate records into MIM. I have tried using SQL SELECT DISTINCT query to fetch unique data from the data source, within my ECMA C# Cod,e but duplicate Records are still imported into the MIM CS during import.

Any clue on what I can do better ?

Akinzo

Saturday, November 3, 2018 12:21 PM

Answers

• Thanks a lot Peter.

I see the problem now. The values in my anchor attribute are not unique (duplicates/multiple values exist), even though by design they should. I will refactor the code accordingly.

Help much appreciated

Akinzo

• Marked as answer by David Ayodele Saturday, November 3, 2018 3:44 PM
    Saturday, November 3, 2018 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

depending on your SQL query you need to make sure that you only have unique objects with a value in the attribute that you used as the "anchor".

I would say that even with your query you have multiple objects.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:31 PM
  • Thanks a lot Peter.

I see the problem now. The values in my anchor attribute are not unique (duplicates/multiple values exist), even though by design they should. I will refactor the code accordingly.

Help much appreciated

Akinzo

• Marked as answer by David Ayodele Saturday, November 3, 2018 3:44 PM
    Saturday, November 3, 2018 3:43 PM