none
Access File Share in Child Domain from a Trusted Forest Trust Domain with Parent

Question

• So I have seen quite a few different questions on this but have yet to find a good definitive answer. So below is my scenario

Domain A (corp.local) --Parent Domain of Domain B (us.corp.local)

Domain B(us.corp.local)--Child domain of Domain A

Domain C (anothercorp.local)--Has a 2 Way Transitive Forest Trust with Domain A. 

How can I get users from Domain C (anothercorp.local) to access a File Share in Domain B (us.corp.local)

In AD Users and Computers on Domain B I can see Domain C but when I try to add users from domain C it says it cannot find the user. 

I am trying to add users to a group in Domain B with Domain Local Scope.  Screnshot below:

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:52 AM

Answers

• Hi

Check this article,show you how configure AGDLP, or short for "Add Accounts to Global Groups, then to Domain Local Groups, then apply Permissions to the Domain Local Group."

http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2012/01/06/using-group-nesting-strategy-ad-best-practices-for-group-strategy/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

• Marked as answer by Travis Ingels Friday, March 10, 2017 7:50 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi

Check this article,show you how configure AGDLP, or short for "Add Accounts to Global Groups, then to Domain Local Groups, then apply Permissions to the Domain Local Group."

http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2012/01/06/using-group-nesting-strategy-ad-best-practices-for-group-strategy/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

• Marked as answer by Travis Ingels Friday, March 10, 2017 7:50 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Thank you. Adding users to the proper groups. Key here being the Universal Group. Thank you so much. Great Article!!! 
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:50 PM