none
DeployR - configuring external directories on Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up an AzureVM With Microsoft SQL 2016 R Server (Standalone) and DeployR.

As described here, I am trying to use deployrExternal to organize data Exchange. I need to read model and data and save the results. External directories are configured, as described here. I have even configured NFS, which may be is an overkill, since there is only one node.

Problem:

1. According to the mentioned description, "Two external subdirectories are automatically created by the server the first time the corresponding user logs into the system." . This does not happen on my installation.

2. Creating the structure manually and copying files there does not help. R still does not find the files (via deployrExternal) and reports "cannot open the Connection" error.

NB! deployrExternal Returns the following: "/deployr/external/data/anton/<filename>".

May be some configuration setting is missing?

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi AntonEs,

R Server 9.0.1 release, announced on 12/7, has new deployment solution. Please check if the new solution will make your case working: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-r/operationalize/about .

Regards,

Carl

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:45 PM