none
Admin rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a PC with windows 10 connected to our local network. The domain administrators can connect to it with "working" administrator rights. I have a non admin domain user that locally at this computer has administrator rights but whenever windows asks for admin pass the credential of the local admin does not work.

how can I give administrator rights only to the current PC to this non admin domain account?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:32 AM

Answers

• how can I give administrator rights only to the current PC to this non admin domain account?

Are you prefixing the login username with the local machine name?

e.g. <your local PC name>\<local admin user>

• Marked as answer by Mike_Sfd Monday, April 11, 2016 9:27 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 8:40 AM

All replies

• how can I give administrator rights only to the current PC to this non admin domain account?

Are you prefixing the login username with the local machine name?

e.g. <your local PC name>\<local admin user>

• Marked as answer by Mike_Sfd Monday, April 11, 2016 9:27 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi John,

It did work with the local domain but the thing is that I do not want to enter other credentials to acquire privileges. Is this possible?

thanks for your time.

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:27 AM
  • By default, the Domain Administrators group is added to the local Administrators when you join an Active Directory domain.

You also need to add your Domain user account to the local Administrators group if you want local Admin rights with this user.

Gerald

Monday, April 11, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Hi Mike,

As Gerald said, if you want to let a domain account has right to configure your computer, please add the domain account into the local Administrator group.

When system ask for credentials, typing this domain account’s credentials is enough, notice format:

domain name\domain account

password

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:22 AM