switch from safe mode to normal mode problem RRS feed

• Question

• my comuter is stuck in safe mode , when start up i press f8 and try starting in normal mode but it still goes to safe mode . how can i fix that?
    Friday, December 17, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please let me know if there is any program or updates installed before the issue occurs.

You may take the following steps to test this issue:

1. Boot the system using the “Last known good configuration”: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1). Turn on your machine

2). Immediately begin tapping the F8 key repeatedly (If you get to the Windows startup screen start over)

3). When the Startup Options menu comes up select “Last known good configuration”

4). Let the computer attempt to boot into Windows

If this successfully gets you booted into Vista you should be ok. Your system will function as it did before. If this does not get you booted into Vista normally we can try running the System File Scanner.

2. System File Scanner

-----------------------------

1). Turn on your machine

2). Immediately begin tapping the F8 key repeatedly (If you get to the Windows startup screen start over)

3). When the Startup Options menu comes up select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”

4). At the command prompt type this command sfc /scannow

5). Then press enter

This utility will look for damaged or missing system files and attempt to correct the problem. When it finishes, it will tell you the results (example: SFC found and fixed problems). Restart your system normally. If you boot successfully into Vista, the problem should be solved. Let us know if either of these steps solve the problem.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:17 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please let me know if there is any program or updates installed before the issue occurs.

You may take the following steps to test this issue:

1. Boot the system using the “Last known good configuration”: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1). Turn on your machine

3). When the Startup Options menu comes up select “Last known good configuration”

4). Let the computer attempt to boot into Windows

If this successfully gets you booted into Vista you should be ok. Your system will function as it did before. If this does not get you booted into Vista normally we can try running the System File Scanner.

2. System File Scanner

-----------------------------

1). Turn on your machine

3). When the Startup Options menu comes up select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”

4). At the command prompt type this command sfc /scannow

5). Then press enter

This utility will look for damaged or missing system files and attempt to correct the problem. When it finishes, it will tell you the results (example: SFC found and fixed problems). Restart your system normally. If you boot successfully into Vista, the problem should be solved. Let us know if either of these steps solve the problem.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:17 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:47 AM
  • CLICKED THE f8 over and over, but nothing happens. I cannot use anything on my pc while in the safe mode, and cannot get out of it.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:41 AM