none
GPO to start automatically - OneDrive Next Gen client -I am trying to add GPO to enable one drive for Business to start automatically when user logs to on to Windows. However it does not start.Not sure where im running wrong. Kindly assist

All replies

• Hi,
    First of all, before we go further, please verify that the GPO is applied to clients successfully, you could run gpresult /r command to check that.
    If the GPO is not applied, please follow the article as below to troubleshoot it:
    10 Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    In addition, please follow the article as below to have a try again configuring the GPO:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33549.onedrive-next-generation-sync-client-deployment-guide.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the response. I checked the event viewer and there is a warning message as below.

"The user 'OneDrive' preference item in the 'TEST - Start OneDrive Nx with Win {24530486-03E7-4617-A6C2-C955BF35FF61}' Group Policy Object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' This error was suppressed."

Any suggestions please.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi,
    Maybe, you could offer us the detail or screenshot of the group policy preference settings for troubleshooting.
    In my experience of this error, it seems that you have configured some path settings in the GPP, which may be not correct or its file in that path is missing and cause the error, you could firstly check that.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 20, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:56 AM