error message in windows vista home premium RRS feed

• Question

• I was installing a driver package...from microsoft corporation when this window showed up.

(some folders cannot be accepted because "skip system and application folders" option enabled}

I can't find any information on the net or microsoft on How to fix the problem..Any suggestions would be greatly Appreciated it.....

Thank You!

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hi

Can you try running the install from an elevated command prompt or run as administrator. Does the same error occur?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 12, 2014 6:43 AM
  • thank you ed

but i think the whole operating system could be compromised(windows vista home premium)

actually these are drivers for a printer scanner fax copier from brother...but nothing is helping.....

I ran it as an Administrator..but either i get the message above or this error(difx driver package install error=1610154566.the exe's are 295-INST-A.EXE and 375-USB2KXPVISTA-32-A-US.EXE downloaded from Brother site...I don't know.Maybe i shall re install the all operating system....this computer was my brothers...and he could have been compromised with today's viruses..I thank you for taking the time to answer me....

Friday, September 12, 2014 5:15 PM