Replying to/writing emails RRS feed

• Question

• Having a problem writing/replying to emails. It just won't seem to work.

I hit 'reply' or 'new' and it goes to the page but the cursor won't seem to respond. it doesn't type.

The mouse just has that arrow pointing but does not go into a line to begin typing.

How do I resolve this problem?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:38 PM

Answers

• Thank you for all your help. The issue was solved. Went to another forum, and it was suggested that one should clear their browser history. This also includes clearing cookies, cache, active logins and site preferences. Restarted my computer after clearing my browser history. Logged into the email account that I was experiencing problems with and it worked fine.

• Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Monday, November 17, 2014 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, November 21, 2014 7:46 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 1:19 PM

All replies

• Can you provide more specifics? Do you notice performance problems with other programs, what email are you using (Outlook, web browser, or something else?) Have you ran a malware scan? I suggest running a full system scan with MalwareBytes. Also, in task manager, look at the performance tab and check how your CPU is performing.

Any more details you can think of the better.

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Am using hotmail/outlook. Funny enough, have another email account with hotmail and am not having the same problem with that email account. It's working fine. But the email account I mentioned above is the one having the problem. Installed the MalwareBytes and it scanned my computer. Thank you for suggesting it. Really appreciate it. Detected 7 and took further action with it. Still not able to write any new emails.  I've tried and it won't allow me to. Now, when I hit reply to an email...nothing happens. Just stays on the inbox page. When I try to send a new email to someone, noticed in the address bar that there is an explanation point in a triangle. Upon clicking the explanation point, this box appears that reads: 'This website does not supply information. The connection to this website is not fully secure because it contains unencrytped elements (such as images).' Received an image from someone yesterday, not as an attachment, but contained in the body of the email. Could this be what is causing this problem? Cause my hotmail was working fine yesterday.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:01 PM
  • I am not sure what caused the issue, but since you are using outlook, try these steps and create a new profile in outlook:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/create-an-outlook-profile-HA102749460.aspx

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:23 PM
  • Hi,

As the issue is specific with Outlook, if you still encounter this problem after recreate User profile, it would be better to post this problem at Office forum for further assistance.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Thank you for all your help. The issue was solved. Went to another forum, and it was suggested that one should clear their browser history. This also includes clearing cookies, cache, active logins and site preferences. Restarted my computer after clearing my browser history. Logged into the email account that I was experiencing problems with and it worked fine.

• Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Monday, November 17, 2014 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, November 21, 2014 7:46 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Thank you for your help. The issue was solved. Went to another forum, and it was suggested that one should clear their browser history. This also includes clearing cookies, cache, active logins and site preferences. Restarted my computer after clearing my browser history. Logged into the email account that I was experiencing problems with and it worked fine.
    Monday, November 17, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Glad to hear it was resolved. Very strange that clearing everything in your browser history resolved the issue. Sounds more like it was on the E-Mail accounts side and not Outlooks side after all. 

Monday, November 17, 2014 3:50 PM