none
Pinning in Windows 10 not working 100%

Question

• I have used pinning for a long time. With Windows 10, it appears that there is something broken with my installation, or Windows 10 in general.

I pin several network folders to windows explorer taskbar.  In Windows 8, they used to be able to be moved up and down.

I cannot get this to function correctly in Windows 10.  I have 6 folder pins on the taskbar for explorer, and I can't reorder them without unpinning all of them, and repinning them in the order I want.  Then if I want to reorder them again, because of adding another folder, I'd have to unpin and repin again. 

Is there a setting that I have that is locking this functionality?  Can't imagine that MS would make this feature go away.

Doesn't work for Word either.  The pinned items at top won't move, neither will the frequent items below.

Thanks.

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul-55,

I have made a test on my Windows 10 Enterprise machine and it is not available to change the order of the pinned items, too.
    But I found something is interesting. If you pinned these folders to "Quick Access" and change the order there then the order of the pinned items will be changed, too. We could configure order here as a work around.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:03 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 issues are appropriately addressed in the Windows 10 IT Pro Category Forums

This is a Windows 7 forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, November 2, 2015 5:00 PM
  • Hi Paul-55,

I have made a test on my Windows 10 Enterprise machine and it is not available to change the order of the pinned items, too.
    But I found something is interesting. If you pinned these folders to "Quick Access" and change the order there then the order of the pinned items will be changed, too. We could configure order here as a work around.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:03 AM