Supported Linux Browsers RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

We are a managed service provider and have a number of customers who do java software development and therefore their development teams have a mix of Windows and Linux desktops.

Currently Microsoft Exchange 2010 OWA only supports Firefox 3.0.1 or later and has no support for Google Chrome on a Linux environment.

I'm curious as to why the Chrome browser is not supported and users are forced to use the light interface. It's very frustrating as a Microsoft partner telling users that Microsoft doesn't have support for Chrome on Linux. We're faced with a lot of developers asking why we're not using Google Apps which works just fine. Obviously, we're on Exchange for a reason and we're not moving however it would be nice if it worked on Chrome as well since so many people are switching to it and we do have a large Linux base of developers.

I find it odd that OWA works great on Windows or Mac versions of Chrome and not in Linux, any input on why this is or if it's changing would be great.

Thanks
    Jason

Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:37 PM

All replies

• MS tests OWA with browser along with OS. If MS did not include testing on particular type, they will exclude from support. as you rightly said, currently on linux there are only two browsers support - safari and firefox.  

Currently there is no update on that when it will be updated. 

Thanks Uday Kiran,
    Senior Consultant

Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai

Please Mark as answer if it helps you
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:47 PM
  •  

"We are a managed service provider and have a number of customers who do java software development and therefore their development teams have a mix of Windows and Linux desktops.  Currently Microsoft Exchange 2010 OWA only supports Firefox 3.0.1 or later and has no support for Google Chrome on a Linux environment."

I'm seeing the same issue, for similar reasons.  How do I file a bug report with Microsoft about having added OWA's user-agent check-list?

The user-agent string in question is:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.106 Safari/535.2
    Underlying platform is Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot on x86_64.  
    Considering the number of browsers Chrome says it can emulate, I'm surprised it's blocked.

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:42 PM
  • Is there anywhere in Microsoft-land where I can click on the "this bug affects me" button to vote up the priority of the fix?

(Like you can in launchpad.net and Bugzilla)

Thanks,

-Luke

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:49 PM