WSUS server is not working after changing the ip RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

WSUS server is not working after changing the ip of wsus server so that i cant see any clients in the console.kindly give me a solution

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:26 AM

Answers

• hi Srikanth, the basic requirement for WSUS installation is assigning of Static IP, even in some circumstances, if we need to change the IP address, we need to check the client behaviour, as you have configured with IP or Server name. The only solution for this is assign a staic IP on to the server and reserve it in DHCP server, and change for your GPO or registry setting to map to the new IP.
    Papi Reddy
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Friday, December 24, 2010 5:13 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 8:43 AM

All replies

• WSUS server is not working after changing the ip of wsus server so that i cant see any clients in the console.kindly give me a solution

Did you update the Domain Name Service after changing the IP Address?

Is IIS configured to respond to All Unassigned addresses?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2010)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    My Blog: http://onsitechsolutions.spaces.live.com
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

can you please explain the steps for updating Domain Name Service in windows 2003 server

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:59 AM
  • hi Srikanth, the basic requirement for WSUS installation is assigning of Static IP, even in some circumstances, if we need to change the IP address, we need to check the client behaviour, as you have configured with IP or Server name. The only solution for this is assign a staic IP on to the server and reserve it in DHCP server, and change for your GPO or registry setting to map to the new IP.
    Papi Reddy
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Friday, December 24, 2010 5:13 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 8:43 AM
  • Sir actually the scenario is like i am using 192.168.1.   series to synchronise the updates from microsoft. in this series we dont have any client system. we need to change to lan static IP which is in the series 150.0.20.   (same series client system using). after changing this ip i am not able to add clients to the WSUS server. Pls guide me if you have any solution to this scenario.

thanks

Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:18 AM