Skype IM issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been having issues with Skype for awhile now at my company. Basically what is happening is I can IM some people and some people I can't. I can also sometimes IM someone but they are unable to communicate back to me. Half the time my IM's fail and I am getting SIP/2.0 408 Request Timeout errors.

Troubleshooting:

I have already deleted my SIP profile folder under Microsoft\Office\15\Lync > Exited Skype and launched it again.

I have done the Update-CSUserDatabase powershell command

I have also ran the Update-CSUserDataBase powershell command

Environment:

We have:

1 Front End server

1 Skype Edge Server

1 Skype Reverse Proxy

1 Fortigate Firewall

Version of Skype for Business 2015 is 6.0.9319.259

Do you have any troubleshooting steps I can try or check?

Thanks,

Monday, June 25, 2018 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How many users have this issue?

Can you see the presence of the affected users?

And if you change a workstation, could you reproduce this issue?

If it does not reproduce on other machine, it may be related to the client side, you could check if there is any third-party application related this.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:53 AM
  • I can only reach 3 out of 30 users consistently. Some times I can reach someone but when they try to reply back to me it fails out. I have pulled up some of the UccAPi files in Snooper and can see that mostly I am getting a 408 Request timed out error. 

On my Workstation I tried already tried to delete out the sip user folder and re-launch Skype for Business 2015, but get the same results. 

The 209.186 address is the Skype Edge server IP. I am wondering if this might be due to all communications going to the Skype edge server instead of the Front End server, since all the communication is internal and coming from a 10.12 address. Thoughts?

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

Do all your users in the same network subnet?

I think you could use “traceroute” command to check if there is any route issue between you and other users.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, July 9, 2018 10:07 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this case? Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any result.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see if this issue has any update. Also, for the problem, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 9, 2018 10:07 AM