Copying email address from Outlook email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In Outlook I need to find simple way to copy just the users' email address into AIP selected recipients.  The AIP dialogue box allows you to manually add email addresses as SMTP but you cannot copy and paste them over from Outlook.  The Outlook format is Username <username@emaildomain.com> but the AIP dialogue only accepts SMTP addresses username@emaildomain.com

If anyone has a plug-in or something that would allow my users to selected their recipients in the usual way with Outlook and then cut/paste them into the selected AIP recipients dialogue box that would be very useful. 

I have read several articles online asking for this fairly trivial feature but it usually involves lots of convoluted steps via contact groups or forwarding and resolving header info.  All we need is a Paste As type option to just choose the name or email address rather than have to accept the baked in default of Username <username@emaildomain.com>

Regards

Dave

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

>>In Outlook I need to find simple way to copy just the users' email address into AIP selected recipients.  

What do you mean by "AIP selected recipients"?

Copy recipients' email address from messages? In this case, based on my test, if I copy address from the To/Cc field, it will be shown as Username<username@emaildomain.com>. This is by design. I'm afraid that Outlook doesn't have a built-in option to change this.

As this forum is mainly focused on issues on Outlook client on PC or Mac, I'm not familiar with other plug-in or software. If you have more concern about this feature, you could also submit a feedback via File > Feedback.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, February 23, 2018 9:08 AM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 23, 2018 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just to see if my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:05 AM
  • Perry,

Thanks for your reply.  Is there an AIP forum that I can post my question.  The issue lies somewhere between the Microsoft AIP plug-in operation and Outlook.  The usual recipients for protected documents and emails are available via Outlook but the AIP add external recipients box requires basic SMTP addresses.  These cannot be easily copied from Outlook so you have to do some manual editing on the copied addresses as per your note to make them plain SMTP addresses.

I would have though that Microsoft would have been working collaboratively on the Outlook, Office and AIP plug-in to simplify this.

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:56 AM