none
Project Server 2013 Resource center modification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have just finished migrating from Sharepoint 2003 to Sharepoint 2013. Now we wanna do the same with Project Server 2013. In doing this, i ran into a couple of issues i need assistance with.

I have imported all the Resources. I also created Enterprise custom fields with lookup tables associated. When i add or edit a resource i can add in the custom field. However, back in Resource Center, i can't make the columns show for instance the "Skills" custom field i added, or the Department, or the actual position the resource has. When i click Configure Columns i only get the standards, and i can't find a way to add my custom fields there so i can see them in Resource Center.

As a reference, in Project Server 2003, it looked like so. How can i make it look like here? I need this for obvious reasons.

I've already looked up on the Internet and i didn't find anything relevant.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:40 AM

Answers

• Hi George,

to modify a view, go to Server Settings - Manage Views. Click on the view name you wnat to change (in Resource Center, in ribbon you vcan select view, look up name of applied view there).

In Edit View screen, You will see two columns: the first one to select fields from, the second displays fields already added to this view. Just move "Skill" from the left to the right column.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by George Teodor Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:08 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi George,

to modify a view, go to Server Settings - Manage Views. Click on the view name you wnat to change (in Resource Center, in ribbon you vcan select view, look up name of applied view there).

In Edit View screen, You will see two columns: the first one to select fields from, the second displays fields already added to this view. Just move "Skill" from the left to the right column.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by George Teodor Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:08 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:55 AM
  • Thx, it was so easy. This is solved.
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:09 AM