"OLE Error 800F000C" while running a query from the MDX editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to run a MDX query from Proclarity Desktop Professional 6.3.129.200 using the MDX editor.

This query generates this error message : "An error occurred in the application : OLE Error 800F000C"

and it won't display any results.

The OLAP cube is on Analysis Services 2000, and by running the same query on "MDX sample Application" i get the correct output (quite fast too).

What could it be?

For further analysis i can post the query itself :

Code Snippet

SELECT
    {[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!CodIstituto>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!CodFlagLineeIpotecarie>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!CodSettore>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!CodZonaGeografica>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Carichi nominali>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Recuperi nominali>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Spese nominali>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Tasso recupero nominale>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Carichi attualizzati>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Recuperi attualizzati>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Spese attualizzate>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Tasso recupero>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Tasso recupero limitato>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!Tasso di perdita>##>],[<##<MEMBER!Administrator!NPosizioni>##>]} ON COLUMNS,
    NON EMPTY {Union(CrossJoin([Istituto].[Standard].[Istituto].Members,{([Flag linee ipotecarie].[Standard].[Tutti i flag linee ipotecarie],[Settore].[Standard].[Tutti i settori],[Zona geografica di residenza].[Standard].[Tutte le zone geografiche di residenza])}),CrossJoin([Istituto].[Standard].[Istituto].Members,CrossJoin([Flag linee ipotecarie].[Standard].[Flag linee ipotecarie].Members,CrossJoin([Settore].[Standard].[Settore].Members,[Zona geografica di residenza].[Standard].[Zona geografica di residenza].Members))))} ON ROWS
    FROM
    [Sofferenze]
    CELL PROPERTIES VALUE,CELL_EVALUATION_LIST,SOLVE_ORDER,NON_EMPTY_BEHAVIOR,FORMAT_STRING

Thanks in advance...
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:56 AM

Answers

• kivan,

I vaguely remember running across this issue in the past.  However, I don't remember it being a systemic issue.  I recommend you download and install the latest hot fix builds of ProClarity by searching for ProClarity at download.microsoft.com.  Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

Thank You,

-Joey

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Kivan,

If the query runs in the MDX Sample App, but not in the Professional client, I suspect that it may be an issue with the provider on the workstation.  If you click File > Options in the Professional client, then click on the OLAP Provider tab, you should be able to change the provider.  By default, it installs with the 9.0 provider.  If you change it to the 8.0 provider, does the query then return results?

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:58 PM
  • Thanks Bob,

I've sorted the problem out...

It appears that if I remove the line:

CELL PROPERTIES VALUE,CELL_EVALUATION_LIST,SOLVE_ORDER,NON_EMPTY_BEHAVIOR,FORMAT_STRING

from the bottom of the query, the result is just fine.

I've tried with both the OLAP Providers but the problem remains if the last line isn't removed.

Is this behavior correct or some kind of bug?

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:38 PM
  • It is difficult to say at this point, especially with not having found any prior cases with that particular OLE error.  It may be that the syntax is not what the MDX Editor is expecting, was the query created in ProClarity?  I suspect that one of the more MDX savy contributors may be able to shed some light on why the query works in the sample app but not in ProClarity.  Can you remove each component of the last line individually to see which particular command is causing the error?  Perhaps one of them is not supported in ProClarity.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:51 PM
  • kivan,

I vaguely remember running across this issue in the past.  However, I don't remember it being a systemic issue.  I recommend you download and install the latest hot fix builds of ProClarity by searching for ProClarity at download.microsoft.com.  Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

Thank You,

-Joey

Friday, March 28, 2008 10:40 PM