none
Delegation doesn't work when creating a task RRS feed

• Question

• does anyone knows why if i am someone's delegate and create a task - it still assigns my mine name to the task instead of the person I am trying to delegate as?

tatiana

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:32 PM

Answers

• I get it.. This is a quite common request from Project admin but you'll be disappointed.

Unfortunately, there is no way (maybe using the PSI) to change the status manager with PWA. Moreover, there is no way that an admin changes it on behalf of the new status manager. He has to open Project Pro and do it himself.

For example, when the PMO creates the projects for the PM, this is the first operation the newPM has to do: in Project Pro, insert the status manager column and put his name for all tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Tatiana,

What exactly happens? Are you in Project Pro or PWA? When you create a task, it doesn't assign automatically a name? Do you mean in the resource column?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:43 PM
  • hi Guillaume ,

thanks for answering. I am in PWA and when i create a task and using delegation the application still puts my name as status manager instead of the person i am trying to delegate.

tatiana

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hi Tatiana,

The status manager is the project owner and not the resource assigned on the task (like the assignment owner).

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:55 PM
  • thanks Guillaume. Yes I realize that status manager is the project owner. 

When i delegate as a project owner and create a task - shouldn't the task have the status manager set as the person i am trying to delegate as (and not myself) ?

i am looking for a way to change a task status manager without using Project Professional. Because when the project owner changes , the task status manager remains the same. Is there a way to change status manager by using PWA? 

tatiana

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:02 PM
  • I get it.. This is a quite common request from Project admin but you'll be disappointed.

Unfortunately, there is no way (maybe using the PSI) to change the status manager with PWA. Moreover, there is no way that an admin changes it on behalf of the new status manager. He has to open Project Pro and do it himself.

For example, when the PMO creates the projects for the PM, this is the first operation the newPM has to do: in Project Pro, insert the status manager column and put his name for all tasks.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:08 PM